
It is always thus. No matter the planning, no matter the preparation, no matter the begging and crying and yelling and threatening to destroy persons who don't have their shoes on Sunday morning - there is always - and I mean ALWAYS - that would be ALWAYS (always in this case means that it never fails - and I mean NEVER...) ...always someone who doesn't have their shoes on Sunday morning. This week, with 5 extra people in our house getting ready, we made special sure the everyone had their shoes on Saturday night (meaning Brad and I found their shoes for them) - but we couldn't find Anna's. No problem - they must be in her room. We decided not to go in and wake the girls since their room was clean (of course any of you who have seen it since we have moved in are passing out at this point from shock that such a disaster is actually containable - but it's true) and it would be easy to find them on Sunday morning.
Sunday morning. 6:30 - Brad gets ready. I get ready. 7:30 - Brad leaves for a meeting. We need to leave by 8:45. 7:45 - The kids get ready. 8:10 - We feed the fam. 8:15 - With plenty of time I look for Anna's shoes. Where are they? 8:25 - I tell the kids to help look for her shoes. Where the heck are they? We scour the girls room. No shoes. We look through the shoe box - one at a time - NO SHOES! We look in the hall tree box, bathroom, living room, dining room, closets, garage, van, we even dig into the treacherous toy closet!!! NO SHOES! We try on anything close to her size with not even a close candidate! NO SHOES!!! Where could they be? 8:37 - Brad is home from his meeting - still no Anna shoes. He looks. No shoes. (Does this happen at anyone else's home? - EVERY DANG SUNDAY?) 8:50 - we leave for church. Anna wears some old ugly sandals that are too small. Monday - no shoes. Tuesday - no shoes. Wednesday - I am doing laundry and there in the bottom of the girls dirty clothes basket are a pair of black tights with mysterious lumps in the ends. We found Anna's Shoes AT LAST!!! It was never this hard for Nancy Drew.
8 comments:
ALL THE ^&^%&^%&$% TIME!!!
Hilarious!!!!
I just wonder how in the heck the shoes made it that far into her tights. That would be quite the task for a little girl. I'm just grateful that Abigail takes off her shoes right in front of the garage door. And I mean RIGHT IN FRONT OF.
Tristan has threatened to buy a pair of red sparkly shoes to make the boys wear if they can't find their church shoes on Sunday morning.
I don't think they would do it again!
Yup every week. Every single week.
Oh my heck. Judson just wore old power ranger light-ups to church on Sunday for this very same reason, during the primary program no less! It is Satan, I tell you. It's his ultimate delight to see the lasers coming from my eyes and the decibels increasing in my voice on Sunday morning.
Now that's funny! Probably because we've had that exact thing happen here!
Nancy Drew didn't have kids.
And you would think with four boys, all owning at LEAST one pair of black sunday shoes in sizes from 6.5 down to 13 (yes, Q is in a 13) that get hung up on the back of H/C's bedroom door they would all find a pair...alas, no.
I like Tristan's idea :)
We do threaten with one of my dresses if they don't have their slacks...
Post a Comment