Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mommy Magic


E is a thumb sucker - has been since she was tiny. We are trying to break her of this habit now that she if FOUR! but with little success, especially at night time. She will lay down and pull her blanket over her head and I will say "E! Stop sucking your thumb." She will poke her guilty little head out of her covers and say "How did you know?" I usually reply something about being a mom - so I know everything. Tonight she was a little more persistent. She wanted details and was not going to take this junk about "I just know". After a couple of attempts to dismiss it I finally said "Because I have Mommy Magic! I always know when you are choosing the wrong." She looked at me suspiciously and said, "No, you don't have mommy magic. Heavenly Father and Jesus just tell you." My response? "Okay. And don't you forget it!"

4 comments:

bonitinha said...

I recently told my girls that I know everything because when you become a mom they give you a mom book that has the answers to everything and Santa Claus' phone number. They keep asking to see the book. Do you think my mom knows that I've been choosing the wrong by lying to my kids? She's probably got that mommy magic too.

R and S Bodily said...

Hi, Heather;

Thanks for the job ideas.
My kids like job charts with check off boxes.

They can work at their own speed (with a deadline for the slow ones, of course).

Amy Hunter said...

Ha Ha Ha! We've got to have something up our sleeves to keep up with our littl'uns! Thanks for your hilarious email the other day! You are so fun. Miss you!

Amy Hunter said...

Heather, there is a fun website called www.piratepress.com that has 2 t-shirts that I want to buy. One says, "the beatings will continue until morale increases." and the other, "Don't make me flog you."

Words to live by for us pirate wench mommies.