
If you asked me, I would pick sunshine every day. I would want the temperature to stay between 60-74 degrees during the day and 40-55 during the night with a slight breeze at the warmest part of the afternoon. I would choose for the sun to light before 6am and stay until after 8:45pm. Since we need rain it can come while I am sleeping so I can wake to the smell of fresh summer earth.
Today is none of that. It is gray. It is drizzling. The smell of decaying leaves isn't en
tirely unpleasant, but it is a reminder of the impending winter. It is 33 degrees with a projected high of 42. If the sun is up, it can't force it's way through the thick plaster of clouds that neither end or begin. But... T, M, and C went to school this morning and E went to preschool. So, when B left for work I was alone with Miss A. For an entire hour we laid on my bed listening to my new Tony Bennett CD (thanks B!) and watching the misty rain and last few leafs which have miraculously cemented themselves to the trees in our backyard, thwarting the attempts of this past weeks cold, wind and wet to remove them from their place of glory. She sucked her thumb and twisted my hair and I drank in every last second of our time with pure happiness.
tirely unpleasant, but it is a reminder of the impending winter. It is 33 degrees with a projected high of 42. If the sun is up, it can't force it's way through the thick plaster of clouds that neither end or begin. But... T, M, and C went to school this morning and E went to preschool. So, when B left for work I was alone with Miss A. For an entire hour we laid on my bed listening to my new Tony Bennett CD (thanks B!) and watching the misty rain and last few leafs which have miraculously cemented themselves to the trees in our backyard, thwarting the attempts of this past weeks cold, wind and wet to remove them from their place of glory. She sucked her thumb and twisted my hair and I drank in every last second of our time with pure happiness.For all of the dishes, laundry, cleaning, folding, taxiing, cooking, refereeing, etc... times like this make being a mom perfect! Quality time isn't planned - it just happens. Today while the sun shines (or not) take time to snuggle.
4 comments:
Heather I'm with you - bring on the sunny warm, but not hot days of early fall. I do like it between 70 and 80 though. I hear in the Carribean it's between 74 and 82 year round! Heaven on earth! What am I doing here?
PS The next show isn't till February.
I wish my little girl would cuddle, but she's just not into that for some reason. If I lay down on her bed, she goes to find something to hit me with. I guess I got what I asked for. I didn't want a girly girl, and I sure didn't get one. But still, sometimes I just need a cuddle, and she sure isn't game for it. So I have to wait for Carl to come home, and the kids ot go to bed, instead.
Now see, it is my perfect day. I love the rain and the grey and the bright colors that show up against the grey sky. LOVE rainy days (shhh, don't tell Jeff)
Come on! Heather!! What about the skiing, and the ice skating, and the snowmen, and the hot chocolate and fireplaces, and homemade chili! You are missing all the fun!! I guess I grew up in Idahohuh! I like the changes, don't you get sick of the same? We need to go sledding and skiing this winter with the kids. Then you would be excited for winter!
Post a Comment