Monday, November 2, 2009

Stuffed Animals (Seventh [and final for now] in the Classic Toys Series)


Stuffed animals were never part of my growing up. We just didn't have them, or if we did, I never played with them enough to remember. BUT, when I had Tanner, Brad started a sweet tradition. He bought a little stuffed bear for Tanner. That Bear (the bear's name is BEAR, coincidentally) was the same length as Tanner when he came home from the hospital (and now is shorter than his forearm - who said that boy could get so big?) and is a family treasure. Every time I had a baby Brad would pick out a stuffed animal for that baby and, I have to say, it is amazing how that little stuffed animal was perfect for that child. We love those gifts from dad. Over the years the children have collected quite a zoo of animals (my in laws love to give them - and my children love to get them!) They play with them. They have games and traditions with them. Camilla loves hers so much that NONE of them can be excluded from sleeping on the bed with her - poor girl barely fits on her own bed after she gives them their space. One of our favorite traditions with the stuffed animals, is PET TREE. I have blogged about this before, but here are some pictures from a recent pet tree. LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE DANG STUFFED ANIMALS! No wonder we outgrew our other house.

2 comments:

Wammack Family said...

What a great tradition. I love it!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I let Abigail choose two toys to sleep with her each night, otherwise it would get out of hand. Surprisingly she doesn't have a hard time choosing each night. She tends to rotate between four or five: her cougar, her cougar bear (BYU teddy bear), her sheep, her Wish Bear, and a little toy puppy (and by little, I mean it fits in the palm of her three-year-old hand).