Tanner is a wonderful big brother. He loves to chose the right. I love that about him. He tries to avoid evil and danger, and encourages others to do the same. He is our ALL or NOTHING boy. From an early age - even birth. He was ready to come. He was due to come. My water had broken. He didn't want to come. The doctor had to go in and surgically remove him. With speaking - he didn't baby talk very much - he just sort of started talking like he was a 14 year old 12 month old. Walking? He didn't walk until he was almost 17 months. Indeed we had begun to wonder if something was wrong with his legs! We tried the "walk to mommy - walk to daddy!" thing FOREVER - nope. Then one night, as we were visiting with our friends, Chris and S
helley, Tanner stood up in the middle of the floor, without holding onto anything, and walked out. He didn't toddle really - just step-step-step and he was gone. He read the same way. No sounding out words for him. He went from refusing to tell us the sounds letters made to reading Dickens in one day - slight exaggeration! We love him for this. Right now his ALL thing is basket ball. He loves basket ball. He plays basket ball in the morning, afternoon and evening. He watches basket ball when it is too late to play it. He is the basket ball boy.
One of my favorite things about Tanner is that, as he is getting older, he is our friend. We read and talk and play together. We like so many of the same things. He is really smart and observant and we gain a lot of insight when we listen to him.

Tanner, thanks for being a great son and the perfect big brother. You really are an amazing person and I love you very much!
5 comments:
I noticed it was a few days before you wrote anything about Tanner and I thought maybe you were having a hard time thinking of anything to say. You know...the old "if you don't have anything nice to say,..."
Haha! JUST JOKES, TAN MAN!
I remember so well walking that big hill by your old apartment with you when you were just barely prego with the Tanneroni and Cheese. Can NOT believe he is so old. It's fun to see him becoming a real grown-up person!!
I felt exactly the same on the day Whitney was born. I really felt like it should be on the news. I think Tanner and Whitney are a lot alike.
He is so cute. Girls hearts are being broken everywhere.:) I want to get our two baby boys together!
My favorite things about Tanner are #1 the happy dance (does he still do that?) and #2 that he knows the correct pronunciation of "water" and wants to make sure everyone else does too.
Love that Tanner kid. Quality person. Wonder how he comes by so many wonderful qualities?
Post a Comment