Thursday, November 5, 2009

In Gratitude... For Sunshine

I AM going to write about each of my children, but today I needed to do this one.

I am so thankful for sunshine. This morning it was cool, but still. There was frost on the grass enough that I could feel it giving way under my feet. It smelled deliciously like decaying leaves when Brad and I went out to do some "winterization" in the backyard. Several times in the 90 minutes or so when we were out, I just had to stop and turn my face to the amazing sun that was warming my hair and my back. It is such an indulgent feeling to be cool enough to have goosebumps, but then have one perfect spot of warmness soaking into me from the sky.

How amazing is a Heavenly Father that He would create something so FUNCTIONAL - and make it so BEAUTIFUL! We all know that we literally couldn't live without the sun, and as I get older and older and older and older and older... I find that it becomes more of a personal need too. I express my gratitude for the sun; for the flowers, food, grass, trees and many other things like that which it's light helps to grow, for the essential vitamins it gives to me and to my children, for the warmth it gives, for the illumination that lights the darkness...

Thanks Heavenly Father, I just LOVE that sun.

5 comments:

JMP said...

You are so good at expressing your thoughts. I wish you would be my friend. I've always wanted a friend like you!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Ooooh so true! I need that sunlight just to get me through the day. And Marie is right, you are so good at expressing your thoughts. Maybe it will rub off on me. :) And, yes, I am sure that we could use and extra eye doctor in Appleton, Wisconsin, so come, Come, COME!!!!!!!
I hear there is sunshine there too! :)

shel said...

I agree. The sunshine this past week has felt divine...like a little November gift.

klunker said...

Amen.

Rebecca Robison said...

Thanks for your sweet little comment on my blog! I agree... we have soooo much to be thankful for!