Saturday, November 7, 2009

In Gratitude... For Medication

Really. It kind of sounds funny but when my children are sick, it is SO nice to have Tylenol or Advil to reduce their fever. Antibiotics - need I say more? Spinal blocks for c - sections (life savers for sure!). And who misses the restraining straps that used to be the "dental anesthesia?" Not ME! There are so many amazing things that doctors can do today - cures that even just a few years ago were unheard of! I'm so grateful for the people who study and create and test and prescribe the things that save lives every day. What an amazing era we live in.
And on that note, I am going to go take some Advil for my headache. Ahhhhhh.

4 comments:

klunker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
klunker said...

Drugs and Bon Jovi! I LOVE this post!!!

Seriously, though, I was thinking about my (shrine) sister this morning and reflecting on how far we've come just since 1980, on how many mothers are spared the pain mine experienced because we've learned so much. Medicine truly is a wonderful and miraculous blessing!

Amberly said...

I am loving all your gratitude posts. I am a big believer in medicine! I am very thankful for modern medicine! And, I'm going to copy you and blog about my gratitude.

Rebecca Robison said...

I was just thinking the same thing while at Walgreens the other day! We are so lucky! Loved this post~