Yesterday at church we had a fabulous lesson about gratitude. It really is amazing when your focus shifts from what you need - to what you are thankful to have. So at this, the time when we celebrate thanks for our Country and our Harvest, I am going to record things I am grateful for.
I am going to start out with the most important thing...
Sacrifice is hard, but when it involves one of your children it becomes much harder! Yet, Heavenly Father didn't hesitate when he sent Jesus Christ to this earth as a tiny, part mortal, part divine infant - to grow and endure trials - and live PERFECTLY - and finally, at the end of his mortal ministry and perfect life, to SUFFER. Not for His sins, because He didn't have any, but for mine. He knelt in the Garden of Gethsemane and felt the pain I would feel... all of it, which is why, in hard times, He is the only one who truly knows how I feel. Many times He has taken my pain when it was too much for me. I love Him. I am everlastingly thankful that He made it possible for me to over come sin, through His atonement, and death, through His resurrection. He is my Savior, Redeemer, and Friend.
2 comments:
Make me look like a superficial lamo! :) My #1 grateful was my in-laws and your's is Jesus? -loser me! I will call you!
That is the perfect place to start. What a wonderful idea to do this. We had an amazing gratitude lesson on Sunday too and it really does change your whole outlook in life when you focus on all that you have. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment