Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

I first heard this song with my mom and dad and Kevin's wife, Lori when we saw Sissel perform with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square. That was two years ago just after Thanksgiving. That December 23, my brother Kevin's Birthday, Brad and I listened to it and missed my brother together. He and Brad were very close too.

Last year for my Birthday, Brad made me one of the worst presents I have ever gotten. He took this song and put pictures of my little children with it in a video. The significance of this song suddenly changed - it makes me miss my brother who is gone from this life - but now it ALSO makes me mourn the little angels that I have that are growing every day - getting closer to the door at the edge of the room they are passing through in my life.

I guess Christmas is always the marker - you look at the pictures taken the year before and are amazed at how your children are growing - but when you look at two or three or four years ago the amazement turns to shock and you can't help but wonder what your pictures will look like in four years from now.

All pictures were current once.

5 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Oh, you are so right. You have such a knack for making my emotions overflow, whether in laughter or tears. I love your blog and I love you. Merry Christmas!

By the way, what is your new address?!!?!? Could you email it to me?

Anonymous said...

Who is that? Is that a picture of you? I loved your post about your Grandma Honey. I have heard you talk about her. How horrible it would be to live a life that when you were gone no one missed you! Your lucky to miss her! It means her life meant something.

Wammack Family said...

It's amazing to look back through the years and to see the changes. I am glad to share in the special experiences of watching families grow up.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Yes, that is a picture of little me, Tammie. I know - at one point in time I was cute!!! My how time passes when it is allowed to keep its normal pace.

Anonymous said...

Well the change from cute to gorgeous must have been quite the transformation! Merry Christmas!