I guess we all have a hard time thinking that our children are thinking. So often they prove to us that they AREN'T, in fact, thinking. Then there are times they prove us totally wrong. Today I am thinking specifically of prayers. This morning Tanner was saying the prayer for our family and as soon as he began I had the urge to whisper to him "Don't forget Avery is having her surgery today and don't forget Sadie is having her MRI soon and don't forget Wendall needs help with his leg...". I decided not to, but rather to relax and see if he would remember on his own. Then with the sweetest sincerity of a child who is really giving thought to what he is saying and who he is saying it to, Tanner prayed for all of those wonderful friends by name. I felt my confidence in him grow - something I would have missed out on if I had whispered to him when he started. I need to remember that often my children need less prodding, and more faith in their wonderful abilities. After all the Lord did tell us to become as little children.
As another testimony of this, Anna said our family prayer last night by herself (eventually we prompted her to end it so we could go to bed before dawn) and she asked, "Please bless that Jesus can come home to our house." It was a very tender sentiment. I should probably not add that she also prayed that "Mom can go buy more Christmas presents for us." Keep prayin' girl - mom is DONE!Children. They sure have a way of teaching us lessons.
5 comments:
What sweet lessons we learn out of the mouths of babes.
I love your kids!!!
Thanks I needed that! I really hate having your blog private! It doesn't tell me when you have updated!!!!!! SO now that November is over are you going to blog every day!!!:)
I love having Q pray. he always asks that Neemaw can come (we have no idea who or what Neemaw is, but he is persistent) and says 'in the name of Jesus Christ' at the beginning, middle and end. :)
Oh, I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing that. Your children are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment