Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy (Sound of Breaking Glass) New Year!!!

Traditionally New Years has never really been "my Holiday". Here is a little rundown of a few of the most memorable...

* My Grandpa Honey died on New Years when I was 14
* I got my wisdom teeth out and threw up blood all of New Years my second year at college.
* The second year we were married, a boy who wanted to rent our basement apartment began telling us horror stories of him and his friends in the apartment he was being ejected from and then threatened to sue us when we told him there was NO WAY he was going to live in our basement.

Anyway, this is getting too depressing to continue. SO, just to be sure I knew it was New Years Eve Day - Anna hurled a wooden flower wall decoration at our front living room window with ALL of her little tiny might - and broke it VERY nicely. Happy Stinking New Year.
May 2009 be filled with less broken resolutions than we have broken windows (5 replaced this year to be exact - this one, one that was "golfed" into, one that was "accidentally" broken when someone was "skipping rocks" in our back yard - with no water, mind you, and two that were actually just faulty in their seals and had leaked moisture). So I guess the moral of the story is - you have a little wiggle room on resolutions kept - or NOT, as the case may be.


PS. Brad informed me that he would not read this blog. He said we shouldn't glamorize the naughty act - so I guess the picture is what he really objected to - but I just have to say that blogging about it (and other things) makes it so my children live through these things and THIS is my outlet instead. So thanks for reading, empathizing, sharing, and letting me do the same in your Perfectly Imperfect lives. Here's to a GREAT deal of blogging in 2009! CHEERS!!!

13 comments:

bonitinha said...

Dang kids. Happy New Year anyway!

Anderton Family said...

I feel for you Heather. My window still hasn't been fixed! Are all five of those windows in your new house?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Oh geez. Hope your kids break less stuff this year.

Angela said...

Bummer about the window! I'll have to tell you the story of my brother hitting a golf ball through my parent's window...not only did it break through their thick double paned window, the ball then hit Jeff in the head as he was eating dinner. Cole's face was priceless. I think it's good to blog about the good & the bad. These are the things we look back and laugh at. (hopefully) Brad will appreciate it someday! And so will Anna's children!

shel said...

It might be fun to break some glass of our own! Maybe you are missing the boat and just need to get in on the fun. HAppY 09!!!

Joy said...

Well hopefully at midnight you were able to drink some bubbly to make it all better ;) Darn kids--

Jill Jones said...

Ok Heather, now I really feel your pain. Somehow hearing it over the phone didn't do it justice. Maybe we'll throw a karaoke party just for you!Heaven knows you deserve it!

Jill Jones said...

PS NICE SONG!

Sherrie said...

Man, sorry Heather! Happy New Year anyway! :)

Amy Hunter said...

Happy Stinkin new year to you too! Yikes! How could such a darling little angel do such a terrible thing? She's too cute for violence. It must have been Brad and that's why he won't read this. He's feeling guilty for pinning it on poor Anna.

By the way, I was eating some dorritos today (I know, Diet Schmiet) and I thought of Brad hiding in your pantry and saying, "nothing!" when you walked in. LOL. I always laugh when I picture that.

Tina said...

Was this before or after B&N and was B&N the way to get away from said loveys without damaging them?
I broke a window when I was a kid...stupid boy dared me to throw a rock at his house...

Anonymous said...

Heather, I can't believe it. I'm glad you could at least find some joy in blogging the experience.

Kristen Mackrory said...

FIVE windows! Holy cow! Who knew Anna was so blasted strong?