A drive that should have taken Brad 38 1/2 minutes took him 1 hour and 27 - approximately. So to all of you "snow zealots" out there I just have to say - really? Snow? Why? Well, now that I look at Camilla in that picture - I guess I know "why" a little - but why else. Oh yes, snow pack in the mountains - drinking, bathing, washing, watering - water. What else have you got? You can't use skiing or sledding to convince me either. So come on - why snow?
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know! I take it all back! These roads are so bad! So I am going to get into fetal position and curl up in my blanket and hibernate until spring!!
Yes, I could go on and on about the horrible accident-prone road conditions snow brings us - but oh the cold is just as wretched! Especially on Sunday when women are forced to wear heals (highly dangerous on slick ice carrying an infant in one arm and balancing a diaper bag in the other) and a dress (the icy wind blows on your bare legs only seconds away from causing permanent frost bite damage) I just found the upside to my kids having a month off school! I don't have to leave the comfort of my heated house for 4 weeks!
Why snow? Well, to remind us how wonderful all the other seasons are. And to have excuses to sit on the couch cuddled up with a blanket reading a good book, or watching a great movie. Also, a good excuse to bake (to warm up the house you know), and to drink hot cocoa. That's why snow.
Purely for the spring runoff to refill the reservoirs. There is no longer any other benefit whatsoever!
Post a Comment