
Camilla is wonderful and fun and beautiful and helpful and sweet and smart - I know I shouldn't brag, but she is such a spectacular person. We love that girl. I am so amazed that she is mine. Anyway, yesterday she helped me do a project and after that she helped her dad who was making something in the kitchen. When he was almost finished, Anna said to him, "Daddy, I want take a nap with you." No, I didn't leave words out of the quote - that is really what she said. So dad goes in and lays down on our bed with Anna and Camilla said "I want to take a nap too!" Yeah, right. About one minute after she went in she came out and we had this exchange:
Me: You're done with your nap?
Camilla: Yes.
Me: That's what I thought.
Camilla: It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.
And then I just have to wonder what exactly she thought a "nap" would be? Hanging from the rafters? Playing kickball? Shooting geese out of the bedroom window with a rifle? Have you never heard of a nap before Camilla? Sometimes a peek inside their world makes me giggle.
9 comments:
Sounds like something my two-year-old would do. Not take a nap, that is. Although, since it snowed in Vegas (hell froze over) Abigail is napping today.
What a cutie! Emily loves Camilla too!
That is so funny. :) A nap sure does sound good to me right now!
I am with Camilla naps are never as fun as I thought they would be! I don't nap. But sitting on my butt at the computer for hours...now that's a different story!
Someday they'll finally understand the luxury of a nap...of course by then, they won't get the luxury of a nap. Such is life! I do agree with you though, Camilla is beautiful, smart, talented, sweet, and on and on. We're not bragging, only being honest. I'm so glad I've been able to be a small part of her life! Even if she did cry most of the time when we first babysat. We still loved her! :)
She is a fun kid, I get a kick out her and the things that she come up with.
I'm so lucky to be her future mother-in-law!
Cute family! By the way, I forgot to tell you where to get the Military Flag that you can hang in your window. My mom got them for all of us (her children) when my brother left the first time for Iraq, but I know you can get them at Colonial Flag in Salt Lake or on their website. Most people don't know that we even do that still (hang the flag in the window) while our soldiers are out, but we do and I think it is great to display the flag while they are gone. Hope this helps.
Oh, how I'd love to peek inside their brains too! Thanks for the giggle. By the way, since Camilla and Judson are the same age, and since we are Jewish, how about an arranged marriage? I would love some of that beautiful blonde hair in my family.
By the way, I have a killer hummus recipe. I'll email it to you!
Post a Comment