Monday, February 1, 2010

I Love Irony!

I don't know why it made me happy this morning to read this "Breaking News" Internet article. Maybe I am sick. Maybe I am actually a nice person and am just relieved that no one was hurt. Or maybe, truthfully - probably, I just love a good ironic situation because it reminds me so much of... well, of life.

Here is my summary:

A Cesna 152 made an emergency landing on the New Jersey Turnpike just 5 miles outside of Philadelphia. The landing was made due to "low oil situation". No one was hurt (as I said earlier - I might add that I would have HATED the article if someone HAD been hurt - I have this THING about people being hurt/killed in plane crashes - right?). Here is the good part... the plane had been hired by a news station to report TRAFFIC conditions!!! The article went on to report that "traffic is backed up for miles as they wait for a truck to arrive and remove the plane which is blocking all lanes of north bound traffic."

Thank you. And goodnight!

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Love it! Thanks for a good laugh.

Darin and Shannon said...

That is awesome! I always appreciate a good laugh. Thanks!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Irony, how I love you.

klunker said...

You know you miss Jersey!