Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The Weight Of The World
This morning as we
were preparing breakfast, B and I were discussing the collapse of U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers, while the three girls sat watching me flip whole wheat pancakes. We were paying no attention to their conversation as we speculated about the ramifications of this event and the possibility of banks everywhere closing - worst case scenario of course. We became aware of the girls discussion when we heard C saying to E, "All of the banks in the world could close!" Immediately all three girls acted as if the weight of the world was upon their tiny shoulders. B and I couldn't figure out where they had gained such an economic awareness until A said (in her poutiest voice) "No more lollipops!" So, forget Wall Street and the World Market, have you stopped to consider how you are going to support your Dum Dum habit? The world feels a lot heavier now, doesn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is the ultimate Aha moment isn't it? The epiphany of life to know that when banks close no more lollipops. gasp!
Priceless!
That was awesome!
hahahaha!! Give those girls a hug for a great perspective. It is, by the way, a very good point. And our bank also gives out doggie treats if you have a dog in the car...something to keep in mind now that you have crossed to the dark side! (Please don't mention the D-O-G to my punks! I can't handle the peer pressure.)
Oh Heather, I'm so glad you have a blog so I can still catch your witty humor!
So no more licking "stinkers" as mom would say
(by the way the safety word is stual(what a coincidence :):)
Post a Comment