I love Scouts. I was the Bear Den Mother for almost a year and had a blast. You know, Scouts made me a popular girl when I was in Junior High and High School. My dad was the Scout Master for a long time and we would often have the Scouts out for some sort of activity or certification. I'll tell you what, there were girls lined up waiting for an invite to spend the night whenever we had a camp out at our house! Anyway, T and M are in Boy Scouts of America and this month M received his Wolf. We worked hard for it and enjoyed getting to do new things together. T and I really put the jets on and earned his Weblos badge, Arrow of Light, and Religious Knot. We did it so that they could get their awards in the Scout Troop we have been with since the beginning (our move puts us in a new troop). They have loved their leaders and friends. I really love watching my boys becoming young men and learning and exploring new things.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can NOT believe how big your boys look! Aaah, it's crazy...just yesterday we were playing with your three little kiddos and now look what's happened! We're the ones with three little kiddos and your five kids are so grown up! It's that old adage...time goes way too fast.
Really...you had a blast? I need to hang out with you...and soon. I could use a scouting attitude adjustment.
Your boys look like tough dudes!
Post a Comment