E is my first child ever to go to preschool. I know, most of you think that is crazy, and those of you who know me must think tha
t I have gone crazy. I love to hang on as long as I can. The difference this time is that E has always been more shy and reserved and I think she will struggle with the all day Kindergarten next year and (this is probably the real thing) she showed some desire to go to school this year (strike while the iron is hot!). So my friend's mom does a preschool in her home. She has 7 little girls, including E, and we know most of them. It is two hours long and is held two Fridays a month. They call their teacher "Grandma" and that's how she feels. So, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, today was her first day. A and I drove her over and we walked into the Grandmas preschool/house with E's HUGE backpack hitting her tiny little knees. It was all good for five minutes of introduction and information, and then it was time to leave. I know what you are all thinking... but guess what? You are wrong. Oh, there were PLENTY of tears shed - but I held it together. It was A who fell apart, "I want E!!! I want E!!! I want to stay with E! We have to take E!" All the way up the stairs and out to the van. It was cute and heart breaking at the same time. Those two get along like nothing else! I have to say that in the end it was worth it - E had a grand time being a "big school girl" and A and I had fun and, most of all, their reunion was sweet. How can you want to stop the rushing of the minutes so desperately and yet live for the next moment with such anticipation? Time is screaming by but man, is the ride ever worth it!


t I have gone crazy. I love to hang on as long as I can. The difference this time is that E has always been more shy and reserved and I think she will struggle with the all day Kindergarten next year and (this is probably the real thing) she showed some desire to go to school this year (strike while the iron is hot!). So my friend's mom does a preschool in her home. She has 7 little girls, including E, and we know most of them. It is two hours long and is held two Fridays a month. They call their teacher "Grandma" and that's how she feels. So, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, today was her first day. A and I drove her over and we walked into the Grandmas preschool/house with E's HUGE backpack hitting her tiny little knees. It was all good for five minutes of introduction and information, and then it was time to leave. I know what you are all thinking... but guess what? You are wrong. Oh, there were PLENTY of tears shed - but I held it together. It was A who fell apart, "I want E!!! I want E!!! I want to stay with E! We have to take E!" All the way up the stairs and out to the van. It was cute and heart breaking at the same time. Those two get along like nothing else! I have to say that in the end it was worth it - E had a grand time being a "big school girl" and A and I had fun and, most of all, their reunion was sweet. How can you want to stop the rushing of the minutes so desperately and yet live for the next moment with such anticipation? Time is screaming by but man, is the ride ever worth it!


1 comment:
Ummm, how have we not discussed this? Clearly we need to talk more often!!!
Post a Comment