hem I had strep - they made me test which is worthless because I HAVE it more often than I DON'T and if I SAY I have it you can BET I do! Hmm - maybe I'm still a bit grouchy? Ya think? Monday morning - Monday morning - oh, yes! Monday morning - test - positive - prescription - blah blah blah - gobble down an Amoxicillin even though I cry swallowing AIR! And then... 
...We were off! Our boys LOVE LOVE LOVE the Celtics. Tanner bleeds green. Well, for a surprise we got tickets to see the Celtics play the Jazz. When we told them you would have thought that we had just granted them EVERY wish they wanted for their LIVES! Jumping, hugging, screaming, thanking... so great! Back on track here - the game was on Monday night. I am both behind and in front of myself right now - kind of writing in circles - but stay with me, because what BETTER thing do you have to do - clean? work? nothing? Actually all more noble usages of your time - but keep reading anyway...
I don't know what it was about our first few years of marriage - the years we spent in Pocatello going to ISU. We made quite a few friends whom we have been able to keep with us over the ye
ars. They have become some of our "golden" friendships. The Stosiches are some of these amazing people. We met Jodi and AJ right after we were married. Our first born children are both boys born within weeks of each other. I used to watch their oldest son Kye a couple of times a week because Jodi was a nurse at the hospital. I could spend the rest of my day telling you the stories of our friendship - visits to them in Omaha where they were dental/medical schooling for 37489 years - our five children, their five children - so many stories, but I will restrain myself - We called the Stosiches and asked if AJ and Kye and Carson would like to go to the game with Brad, Tanner and Madsen. They said YES! and asked us to stay with them at their home when we came (of course neither of us knew I would be a Leper at the time - but they still insisted after they knew...) and we did. We had a WONDERFUL time. Jodi and I talked for hours while the big boys were at the game and the rest of the children played so well. I loved getting to see their family. It's funny how much we still have in common and still have to talk about. We just love them! The night ended with the Celtics losing (dang Celts) and a big celebratory slumber party for the boys anyway!
The next morning mean old Jodi and AJ made their kids go to school and we went to Ogden and toured Dinosaur park. It had been snowing in Salt Lake but it was sunny in Ogden. Because it was fairly cool we were the ONLY visitors at the park! We wandered for a couple of hours, both inside and
out, looking at the model dinosaurs and reading their information. The kids got really excited about it! Then we played on the playground, which is ALWAYS a highlight! After the park we ate at the Olive Garden and told stories about when we lived in Ogden for about 6 months - including the story of us taking Tanner out of school the first day that it snowed and taking all of our cute little fa
mily to THIS very Olive Garden for lunch! Oh the memories...
The trip ended with a frantic drive home so that Tanner could make it to his Court of Honor. He has earned his First Class and Second Class Scout. He went on his first camp out without Brad last weekend and had a great time. We have good leaders and boys and I'm VERY glad of that. It was such an eye opener this weekend to see our friends and how "grown up" and "real people" like they are - and then realize WE ARE TOO! And to recount our memories of a place we used to live - and think that when we were there we only had 3 children! And then to see Tanner getting the "GROWN UP" scouting awards. I'm sure glad we have been able to enjoy so much of life - because, quite honestly, it is moving us furiously down stream!!!
And, in closing, here I sit with my good old friend Amoxicillin - I will always have that! Stinking strep. At least today I can swallow without curling up in a ball of pain...
The end.
7 comments:
YAY! Look at this comment!!!! It's so easy! Thanks for going back just for me!:) It looks like fun, I've never been to the dinosaur park in Ogden. We will have to check it out! HOpe you start feeling better soon!
Sorry about your chronic ailment!
But this looks like a blast. You are so lucky to play with the STOSICHES!! Sounds like a great trip!
the pic with you all and the dino... with the funny faces...
my fave!
WoW! Jealous! Come on! Poulters like MAYBE 20 minutes away. I'm saying it's more like 17 minutes door to door. PLUS- we at least have ONE girl to play with your girls. Come on. Vote for us. Pick us. Seriously, though. So fun to see the grown-up Stosich family. They are great people. Sorry about your dang throat!
I said Poulter like MAYBE 20 minutes away. I meant Poulters LIVE MAYBE 20 minutes away. No wonder you guys don't visit us. My grammar stinks.
I rarely get seriously sick, but when I do, it always seems to be strep. In nearly five years of work I have taken only three sick days; all of them because of strep.
If you liked the Ogden museum, you ought to visit the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point(if you haven't already). My kids love that museum almost as much as I do.
I love the 'scared' dinosaur picture. Yes Heather, you are officially THE coolest mom ever. ;) Can we come next time?
Post a Comment