Friday, March 12, 2010

Color Change...

I LOVE the color in my house. It was here when I came. It is perfect - almost all. I did change the girls room to be more splashy and girly and Devon and I painted one small wall in my kitchen and changed the color of my bath... okay, now it sounds like I really DON'T like it...


The point? I had one, what was it??? Oh, right. Brown. That was my point. Brad and I LOVED the paint JOB in our room, but come February the dark brown has me pulling at my shirt collars and dreaming of open sky and sunshine for miles. I really become claustrophobic ...NEED ...LIGHTER ...COLOR!!!


So... Here it is. After painting my room a PatChWOrk of sample colors from baby blue to lemon yellow we chose "Polaris" by Ralph Lauren. It's grey with a lot of white. We ADORE it. Good choice. Thank you. Thank you very much.

8 comments:

klunker said...

Pretty!

shel said...

Nice! It looks great!! I need to change things up around here, too. The time has come.

Jill said...

It is even more beautiful in person!! So calm, peaceful and light. Love it. Hopefully we'll have the nursery semi-finished this weekend. If we get it done you'll have to come over and check it out. And tell Brad not to worry...we were able to salvage the board! :)

bonitinha said...

LOVE IT!!! Well worth the effort, I say. And I'm totally going to steal that color for my new house. If I ever get one. Seriously, though, that is a gorgeous color. You totally made the right choice!

Nettie! said...

That's pretty! Our bedroom is blue also and it's so calming. My SIL swears it's "Tiffany Blue" but it has another name - "Lakeview Blue." Oh and that name - "Polaris"...is Kev's business name "Polaris Marketing" ha ha!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I love the colors in your home too. It's such a pretty house. If I ever wanted/needed a big house, I would try to buy it off you. I love the outside and the inside. It's so classy without being snobby. It's fabulous.

Amberly said...

Love it!!

Rebecca Robison said...

One of the best colors for one of the best peoples!