Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Ugly Truth...

Here is an ugly truth about me... (I know, like you need ANOTHER one!)


I don't do well when all of my time is auctioned off to the highest bidder. I don't like, in any way, shape or form, being strapped down to the minute by obligations and responsibilities. I would rather be at home than... well, pretty much any where else. I would rather have my children play in the dirt than be in training to be world famous musicians. I would rather sit quietly in a chair with a book than socialize with people. AND if I DO have to go places and do things MORE than I get to be home... I get - crabby (this statement is currently in top running for the prize of, "Understatement of the Year!"- any unauthorized use of this statement for private or public use without written permission is strictly prohibited...)


And so here I sit. At home. Quietly in a chair. For the FIRST time in a LONG time. My (almost 4 year old) baby is sleeping. Now all I need is my book...

10 comments:

Randomus maximus said...

May your solace be sublime and of adequate duration. When you finish your book, I recommend "The Good Theif" by Hannah Tinti. Put it where I will find it when you are done with it so I can finish it. Also, not missing those hollyhocks at all. Have a great day, etc. etc. and other stuff that is not bloggable.

Amy Hunter said...

That sounds perfectly heavenly.... You speak my language. P.s. Did you get my email about the bees??

Kristen Mackrory said...

I hear you Babe!!! I'm so glad that you have a few minutes of peace. Enjoy, relish and treasure it...and pray for more!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I hear you Babe!!! I'm so glad that you have a few minutes of peace. Enjoy, relish and treasure it...and pray for more!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

You sound like me. I don't think I will ever be able to get my kids into lots of lessons and sports and stuff, because I don't want to be one of those moms that is constantly running around. However, I don't want my kids to feel like they are left out of all the sports and stuff, like I did growing up. But we'll see. Sanity and the wallet will probably win in the end, but I keep thinking they can do one thing. Maybe. We'll see.

shel said...

1. Bradley!...shocking!! :O

2. Awesome photography.

3. I definitely get the same when the scheduled time is MORE than the home time. I have to put a stop to it!

4. Your "crabby"
= "still HILARIoUS and fun to be around."

5. My "crabby" = "everyone runs far away."

6. Treasure your quiet moment. And dream of all the ones we'll be enjoying on that gorgeous beach getaway....someday...

bonitinha said...

This is why our friendship works so well. LUFF!!!

Nettie! said...

I'm with you on this! I love the days where I don't have to drive anywhere and can read, read, read!

Rebecca Robison said...

you're house is beautiful on the inside and out!

and i know the inside because of that random time that i bardged in and asked you for help while being stuck in the snow! haha!

you were wonder woman that day...

but really you always are.

truly, that is why you must have a need to stay at home and recharge!

klunker said...

AMEN.