Monday, March 8, 2010

One Wonderful Weekend...

I wish I could type feelings. I do. But I can't. It almost seems a shame to even record the amazing EVENTS of this weekend WITHOUT the ability to share the peace that came with them, but, for posterity, I will try any way.

On Friday my parents came to town and Brad, my mom, my dad, my sister in law, and I went to the Temple and had Brad's dad sealed to his parents for eternity.




The very next gorgeous, sunny morning my own beautiful daughter was Baptized by her amazing father. Camilla giggled the whole time. She was SO happy! This is her personality. She is just a sweet, cheerful, genuinely GOOD girl. I hope I never forget the sound of her giggle or the way it made me feel. She looked so beautiful in her white dress with her blond curls and her perfectly green eyes. After her Baptism she was Confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are so thankful for the friends and family who were able to come and make it a special day - and we missed those who couldn't.

That SAME afternoon, my first born child was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. Here in our home, the sun pouring in through the windows, my worthy husband conferring that Priesthood upon him with many family members and friends - it just doesn't get any better.








We enjoyed lunch. We enjoyed friendship. We feel so blessed.



The next day I sat with my parents and children as my husband and son passed the sacrament TOGETHER to our family. And, just as an added reminder to me, last night I was able to sit with my wonderful neighbor and friend, Wendell, while he took the Sacred Sacrament in his home. One piece of bread. One cup of water. One "souls of all those who partake of it". One. That is what His plan is about. It is about me. It is about Camilla. And Tanner. And Wendell. And you. One. How great it is to be able to make Sacred Covenants with THE SAVIOR of the WORLD and have IMPORTANCE with Him - even though we are but ONE.

Thanks to Heavenly Father, my husband, children, parents, brother and sister in law, other family and friends, for a perfect weekend!

11 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Wow. What a weekend packed with wonderful, soul-satisfying joy. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to all of you. I love all the pictures, especially the one of Tanner putting on his tie. What a handsome guy!

Amberly said...

What a special weekend! I have tears in my eyes just reading about it.

Anonymous said...

You are blessed!! What more can I say. Wish I was there.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

So, funny story. After the Camilla went and sat down after sharing her Article of Faith, I was waiting for the Bishop to call up Tanner to do his whole Priesthood thing. And then Robyn leans over to me and asks, "Are you ready?" Ummm, yeah. I guess Tanner got up last week, when I was home sick. I'll bet nobody even noticed though. But so cool that two weeks in a row your family could share their love of the Gospel with our ward. Oh, and I guess you guys spoke in Sacrament meeting too? That's the last time I get sick and skip church!

Joy said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! We have children turning twelve and turning eight this year too!! It is a special time for those children!! We sure miss having you over here.

shel said...

I am so happy for you.

What joy!! They bring us so much worry and fretting, but moments like that are what it really IS ALL ABOUT!!

I wish we could have witnessed it in person! But I'm thrilled to hear that it was so wonderful (not that I thought it would be any less.)

Give all of those kiddos a big hug from us...especially Camilla and Tanner.

Amy Hunter said...

Heather, for saying that you don't have words, that was beautifully expressed. I love you and I'm so excited for the day, 15 years from now, when Judson and Camilla will kneel at the alter and seal our families together!! What amazing mother in laws we will make. Seriously though, what a beautiful day for a wonderful family. P.s. When Judson saw camillas pic on the fridge he said, " who's that girl? She's pretty!" ha!!!! My plan WILL work, i just know it!

klunker said...

I'm sure glad you posted this.

The Freed Family said...

I think you expressed your feelings beautifully. What a wonderful weekend.

Nettie! said...

All of that IS so wonderful! I wish I wasn't sick with the flu on Sunday so I could've witnessed some of that!!

Angela said...

What a wonderful weekend! I can't think of more special events, let alone so many in one weekend! Such a beautiful family!! We miss you!!