Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who's That Girl?

It's kind of amazing how losing ONE tooth can change the WHOLE appearance of a child. It's like the last real "baby" thing they have going and then all of a sudden... kid. There is no stopping it. I know it has to happen, but as FUN as it is, it always makes me aware of the time slipping past. Wow. It's JUST a TOOTH - but still.

So... one day I had this darling little girl with blue eyes and baby teeth. The next day I have this gorgeous BIG girl with TWO missing teeth and GLASSES! Just in a few hours so much about her changed that I had to take her glasses off and make her close her mouth so I could hug her for a while.

Here's how it happened; Camilla "accidentally" (yeah, right) pulled Ella's first tooth. Most of you don't know this about me, but I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE pulling teeth. I get a thrill from it. I know, sick. But I still love it! So my rule is, I GET TO PULL THE TEETH. I pulled ALL of them until Camilla came along. She has pulled one or two of her own and then her brothers realized that if SHE could do it so could THEY and then Camilla pulled ELLA'S. Oh that girl. So when I looked in Ella's mouth at her little tooth gap - I realized that the one next to it was loose TOO. I had to pull it. Within 10 minutes Ella lost her first and second tooth. As fate would have it, this was also the day that Ella's glasses came in. (Brad gave her an exam last week and discovered that she needed very low powered glasses, but glasses nonetheless).

Two teeth and glasses in one day. Who is this little girl?

8 comments:

Randomus maximus said...

One of my favorite people in the world! That's who.

klunker said...

Cute glasses!

bonitinha said...

Stop it! That's one of the meanest posts I've ever read! :( Now I have to go wake up my kids and hug them!

Rebecca Robison said...

oh my! next time you can pull her tooth...right?
she is still so dang cute!

and replying to your comment, the whole babymoon thing is so much we'll have to go out to lunch or something- how does that sound : )

btw, was that cake from nie nie? just curious...

Wammack Family said...

I love the glasses, they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about loosing your front teeth. It's time to call the modeling agency. The glasses are very vogue as well. And Heather is that how you felt about me when I got my glasses. Thanks if you did, and don't comment if you didn't.

Taneil said...

Love your posts! ALL OF THEM! I hate that your blog is private because I get all of them by email and so I never comment because I am too lazy to sign in my blog! SO just know I am always reading and laughing with you! I'll get better!

shel said...

She looks darling!

I can NOT pull the teeth!!!