Madsen is a FOURTH GRADER in Ms. Cunningham's class. He is always the social one. He has an amazing ability to make people feel comfortable around him - Brad says he has my personality, I say he has my brother Kevin's personality - but when I think about it, there isn't a lot of difference. He is going to do great in fourth grade. He learns things quickly. He is meticulous - loves for everything to be neat and perfect in his work. He has a special talent for creative writing - always creating the most interesting and entertaining characters in his tales. In a few short months he will be DOUBLE digits for age and I will cry.
Beautiful little Camilla. My big SECOND GRADER. She is patient and attentive and kind. She loves to read. I have found so much joy in hearing her read to the girls or to me. Her favorite books are the books about Junie B. Jones. She is in Mrs. Zaranek's class this year which is GREAT because Madsen had Mrs. Zaranek two years ago and we already know that we love her. Camilla made a ton of friends in her last two years at White Pine and is excited to get back to them and to learning. I miss her at home though, what a great responsible little helper she is.
My tiny, sweet, shy little Ella Bean is a KINDERGARTNER!!! Mrs. Peterson is the lucky teacher who gets to have her this year. She has been SUPER excited for the first day of school for a LONG time - she couldn't even sleep through the night last night - she came down about 3:30 to see when it was time to wake up and go to school. I took her in today to get her things put away and make sure she got to the right place. It was crazy with all of the moms there and I was doing just fine until Ella Bella looked up at me with those beautiful, big, sad blue eyes - and then??? I lost it a little. Not too bad - but only because I was fighting with everything I had to keep a little control. It's been VERY hard with all of them but there is something different with Ella because she is such a tender girl.
So those are my big school kids. They've all gone and left me with...
This beautiful little fun causer. We are going to have a GREAT time together. I have to! We only have two more years before she leaves me too!!!
8 comments:
this is always the hardest part of school starting! I miss having my ickle bitties close by, regardless if they are fighting or getting along. Even my baby starts preschool this year and Iam pretty sure I will lose a few tears over that.
Tanner is old! When did that happen? Camilla is lovely (move here so she can be friends with Lise) and Madsen is just a super kid. Ella's eyes are heart-melting. Always have been. Don't you love the smell of school supplies? We don't buy them here and I kind of miss it. Kind of like I miss you, only different...
You are such an awesome mom. It didn't even occur to me to take pictures this morning. Ugh! I'm mad at myself. Will it count, "2nd day of school" pictures??? Anyway, I remember feeling that way about kindergarten. Now that J is in 2nd grade, my heart brakes because we have to wake up early. I MISS SUMMER!! GIVE IT BACK!!! Seriously, I'm making Eric buy me a sun lamp like yours. I'm depressed already.
Way to go breaking my heart, too! I mean, after all, my kids aren't in school yet!! KIDDING. You know me better than that. I know exactly how you feel except that I don't have a middle schooler...jeez you're old! That must be tough ;)
All of your kids look adorable...even the stinky boys! They all look all spit-shined and ready for the first day! I LOVE IT! I hope they had a great day and loved all their teachers and that they can stop growing, for pete's sake.
By the way, Ella is the one that got to me. What a honey!
OK, I didn't cry at my own first day, why is my heart breaking over YOUR kids going to school? Oh, yeah, because you're such a great writer. You know, you really ought to publish a book one of these days...
Your kids pictures are very cute. I am a little relieved to know I am not the only one having a hard time with the kindergartner. I'm not sure I am going to be able to hold it all together. We will see.
Wow. I really can't believe it. It's great to read your thoughts on the first day. Jacob starts on September 15th (apparently eastern schools like to start late which is fine by me...I'm still in denial that it's coming) So what are your tips for getting through the very first 1st day of school with your oldest? Think of all the naughty things they've done? Try not to think about it? Or just bawl like a baby and get it over with...until the next year. I hope your kids (& you) have a fabulous year!
Love this post. Always mixed feelings about school starting. Did I love them enough? Did we have enough fun? Did I yell too much? Time goes way too fast!
Post a Comment