Wednesday, August 26, 2009

End of Summer Flowers

I LOVE the flowers that come on at the end of summer. Their bright colors seem to be screaming at me - "LOOK AT US!!!ENJOY US! SOAK UP OUR COLOR SO YOU CAN MAKE IT UNTIL SPRING WHEN YOU CAN SEE US AGAIN!" Spring flowers are the cute pastel colors - as if they are trying not to shock you with their intensity. End of summer? They are trying to fill you up for your sojourn into the desert that is winter. Thanks for the encouragement you beautiful, vibrant Black Eyed Susan's!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I see that you are watering the flowers in the old hood---I tried to holler over the fence but you were talking to the other neighbor. You and Brad will have to come and tell us a story.

klunker said...

Yet another great picture from a fantastic photographer!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That is such a great way to describe flower colors. I had never thought of it that way. I love the rich, vibrant hues of autumn, thought I have yet to buy any autumn flowers. I let my bushes take over then, plus the colors changing on the trees.

shel said...

Wow...that's true. Never thought of it. You are becoming so wise and poetic in your old age. I like the picture.

bonitinha said...

I think someone's having abandonment issues... Summer will come back, I promise!