I saw this on Sadie Huish's blog today and decided to copy it. Please take the time to request funding for this form of cancer as explained below by Sadie's mom. If you need some incentive to do this - just go read some of her heart wrenching entries! She is listed on my blog list below. I followed her directions and it worked perfectly, took less than two minutes, and hopefully will make a difference for children with cancer - words I hope I never have to get any closer to than this!
"I saw this on a lil' guy's website recently (www.caringbridge.org/visit/gunnergillespie). It took me all of a minute tops to do. A lot of you out there probably saw this program on TV. Cancer is just all-around awful, so any funding for any cancer is huge. Yet childhood cancer is so extremely under-funded in general, let alone for DIPG's. (And sadly, today little Gunner passed on to Heaven from this awful monster... please take a moment to do this, for Gunner, for Sadie, and all of our little DIPG kids).I am asking all of you to put your sadness at this horrible disease into action. Many of you probably heard about Stand Up To Cancer which aired on all three networks about a month ago. Well, there is a group of 20 people who are now deciding what areas of cancer research to spend the $100 MILLION that was raised. Here's what you can do. Go to http://www.standup2cancer.org/ scroll down to the bottom, at the very bottom left side is the "contact us" link. Click there, then under the "Topic of Your Inquiry" area, select "Request SU2C funding" in the drop down menu. In the comments, ask for funding for childhood cancers such as DIPG because of their lack of funding and extremely low survival rate. It only takes a minute and you will be helping show support of Gunner and all these other children with the same tumor. "
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ryan had a Welm's tumor when he was two, they say it is not hereditary, but we always still check our girls. The most important thing is that he survived and hopefully his story gives hope to people with cancer. On a more positive note... I love your chocolate blog, I happened to eat a lot of chocolate covered raisins today and the only thing that I think would be better would be... dark-chocolate covered raisins!
Jules
...the best part of the "blogging world"...
Post a Comment