Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Friend Sadie



I don't know if I can do this without crying. Any of you who have heard my children pray in the last 6 months, have probably heard the name Sadie Huish. She is a little girl, just starting Kindergarten this year, who is five and has Diffuse Intrinsic (widespread and scattered) - Pontine (in the pons area of the brainstem) - Glioma (glial cell tumor)... terminal brain cancer. Her family is trying to raise awareness of this, and other forms of childhood cancer. Funding for children's cancer research is a very very very tiny portion of cancer research money spent and yet, many children suffer and die from this every year. Sadie is just like the Kindergartners that you know and love. She rides bikes and likes braids in her hair. She likes to play with her friends, many of whom are also cancer patients who she has met while doing treatments - the sad thing to me is that it isn't rare for her friends to not be there anymore. I know all of you can have, hopefully far removed, empathy for this wonderful family and what they are going through. I just wanted to make you aware of them and their blog which is sadiehuish.blogspot.com If you see a way to help them and support their cause and the awareness of this terminal childhood cancer, please do it, even if it is something as small as sharing this story on your blog.

1 comment:

bonitinha said...

Thank you. You're a great friend!!!