Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Responding To Good Taste



It seems that chocolate is a hot topic! This particular blog stimulated the most comments (and drool) I have ever gotten on any post. So, in response to your responses I have penned this response...

Joy - the stuff on their faces was chocolate pudding. One night for FHE we had a "pie" eating contest. The pies were the little tiny graham cracker crust things from the store filled with chocolate pudding and there were no hands allowed. Of course some people had to use their hands to get enough chocolate on their faces to be recognized as hilarious - but we didn't disqualify those participants. We would highly recommend this activity. It is good, clean, fun - minus the clean!
Okay, so I have a proposal. We all buy huge bags of Miniatures and get together for a party... Leserlee and Freed Family - you can split the next batch of milk chocolate bars - there are always more of these than any other bar in the bag, Sherrie gets the Krackles, Bonitinha will be snarfing the Mr. Goodbars, and after we lick the wrappers to remove any residual goodness, Tammie can eat the wrappers because even they taste better than white chocolate - which is really not chocolate at all! As for the Wammack girl, we can eat a dark chocolate cake while we wait for the good stuff and JulieJ, after you have your BOY (I'm telling you, girls crave chocolate from the womb - although Tammie...) after you have your boy (or Tammie) you can help us clean up whatever is left, which, by the way, probably won't be much!

For the rest of the Responding...

- Freed Family - the play was GREAT! Since none of you came with us, we would strongly recommend repenting and going this weekend - as it is the closing weekend.

- MommyDeb - produce a play where a character gets to eat a lot of chocolate and then give me a call (dark chocolate please).
- Shel - the best way to get in on the fun here is to move here! I strongly recommend that for you and your family. Strongly. Really strongly. I insist, in fact. When are you coming?





So - question for ALL readers...

Any treat in the world - what would you pick?

I am devils food cake with butter cream frosting - from scratch of course - washed down with ice cold milk.

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Okay, I love a 3-layered yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting spread thick as the filling and frosting. with milk of course. :) I also love devil's food with same chocolate fudge frosting and strawberries sliced and put inbetween layers and as decoration on top with whipped cream. Yum. Okay, now I'm craving those two things. :)

Wammack Family said...

Tough question...I don't think I can narrow it down to just one.

The dessert that I got at the ward service auction made by Julie A, it was chocolate brownies topped with chocolate mouse, cream, chocolate pudding, cream and then crushed score bars...ummmm

Cheesecake with fresh strawberries

Cold Stone's sweet cream ice cream, topped with twix, kit-kat, caramel and fudge

I have to stop or I am going to start binging...

Joy said...

Ok so I can't pick just one dessert. But the top 4 would be (in no special order)
#1--molten lava cakes with icecream
#2--Raspberry pie with real whipped topping
#3--Brownies in any variety
#4--waffle sundaes with homemade hot fudge
Now you have made me salivate--I better go make myself some chocolate for lunch!!

Jill Jones said...

So last night we had our annual chili cookoff and I always get excited wondering what Heather and Brad are bringing, but not last night :( Then today you TORTURE me with all these chocolate dessert pics!!!!!I am drooling here!!!
And the fact that white choc is not really choc is the thing I remember learning at your chocolate seminar! So when is the chocolate party?

Anonymous said...

No surprise I am sure..but its cheescake all the way here, with fruit toppings, or cheesecake ice cream or cookies I love cookies! Oohhh and anything that has pumpkin in it, cookies...pie...pudding. Oh and I could sit down and eat a whole huge bowl of meringue, just meringue not on pie, not baked into treats, or made into marshmallow just fluffy, yummy sugary meringue!!! Roll Bill in it and I would lick him clean!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

This is a tough one, I agree with La Tisha. I like lots of stuff, but just one...hmmmmmmm. Oh, I remember now. Earnestly Chocolate ice cream from the BYU Creamery. Yummy! I also love Great Harvest's pumpkin bread. Very tasty.

bonitinha said...

This will not be a surprise to you, but I'm going to go with homemade Berried Treasure ice cream (for anyone else reading that's cheesecake ice cream with brownie bits and raspberries mixed in... yeah, it's that good!) Or cookies. Pretty much any kind.

klunker said...

So why haven't you shared any of your wonderful chocolate recipes with us lowlifes on your growingreatrecipes blog? :) That trifle looks divine! Hows about putting that one up?

Darin and Shannon said...

I LOVE it all!!!!
Can't choose just one.