So, I totally love reading... just a second... okay, I'm back. As I was saying, I love to read. I would read all the... hold on... okay, ...read all the - oh, yes, all the time, but it gets very hard... one more second, sorry... oh shoot, I'll be right back... nothing is broken, this time anyway! Where was I, let's see... oh, right... gets very hard with children... ouch (quit jumping on me I'm trying to write something here - no - no - I said NO! Put that sharp knife down. argh. Listen - go do whatever you want upstairs I'll be up in a minute - here, don't forget your knife)... okay, so as I was saying before I was... dang it! Okay, now I'm back and I can finally finish what I started writing 20 minutes... darn it, maybe there is something broken this time... whatever... now where was I...
You know what? It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. So the next time you pick up a book and wonder if you have read it and why you can't remember if you have - remember how you read as a mother and just know, it isn't you. It's... hold on. It's... just a second... it's not you... um, I know I'm trying to make a point here... what was it again? Oh yes, it's THEM! Thank goodness they are made so darn cute or they would... I guess I better go...
8 comments:
You are so funny! We miss your wit around here. I'm feeling a little bit offendend (just kidding) that I'm not on your blog list.www.ifjohnfam.blogspot.com
OK Heather I feel the exact same way about letting the kids play with sharp knives! Ooops, I mean reading, yah that's it. And my 10 year old DOES grunt at me - sometimes - so I just grin and grunt back.
Have you changed your hair recently? Because I didn't notice you at my show Friday night and figured I just didn't recognise you......:)
Heather, you are so stinkin funny! I love to read your blog and could read it everyday because of how well you write. Anyway, hope you are doing well.
Took the words right out of my mouth....:)
I have been trying to read one book for about two months. I did put it down at least once, to read Breaking Dawn, but that was for only a few days. I think I'm going to give up on it. It's a really slow read anyways.
I'm interested in reading your post, but someone is crawling all over my computer and I can't seem to read anything...what is it you were saying?
Ok, Heather I will look for you....
No 80's perm comments from me - I've been getting perms twice yearly since I was 8 years old! I hope it doesn't all fall out one day from all the chemicals....
I need to call you, Emily is still begging me DAILY to play with C.
Heather!!! You always just crack me up! That was so funny because for me, it is such a reality at times!!! And Andy wonders why I'll stay up really REALLY late to read a book...it's that uninterrupted quiet!
Post a Comment