

Yeast is just cool. It eats sugar, gets fat, blows up, and makes delicious bread and rolls and scones and donuts and...
This is what we affectionately call "Mom's Cooking Show". It takes place at the counter facing the dining room and we all get to "help" make something together. Today it was bread. The girls were thrilled that the bread got so fat and then we got to punch it down and make it small again - and the real miracle is that even after we smashed it down, it got fat again. Hooray for bread! You know, maybe Ma Ingalls had something with all of that "home ec-ish" stuff. It sure provides a lot of entertainment - and in the meantime we get a delicious treat and a WONDERFUL smell. They should make a candle that smells like fresh baked bread. Yum. So go get some yeast and make some bread or cinnamon rolls or scones or WHATEVER and bring it over for me to try.


8 comments:
I want to watch Mom's Cooking Show!
That is what I should be doing right now is making bread. I promised that if he let me go out shopping last night than I would be able to stay home this morning and make bread.....guess I better get on that, huh? Looks like you use a 5 loaf recipe like I do. Then do you freeze it?
WHAT A COOL PAN!Where did you get it? That looks good enough to eat,
The only time yeast is bad...is when you put too much in your muffin top. At least, that is what I have been telling myself. "I am not eating too much, it is just that I put too much yeast in my muffin top!" Or "That darn dryer shrunk my pants again!"
I used to do a cooking show as a kid for my brothers....I should try it with my kids--sounds like fun.
I can smell it from here!! Looks super yummy! Enjoy those beautiful daughters of ours and all their help.
Jody
Yeah, 5 loaves is way too much for you guys. You can go ahead and send one or two my way. I'll take care of them for you. :)
Please share your bread recipie with me. I really want to learn how to make good bread. Does all the dough for 5 loaves fit in your kitchen aid at once and how big is your kitchen aid?
Yes, do shre your bread recipe :)
And I do believe that we have the same kitchenaid :) Love the red!
Post a Comment