Friday, February 27, 2009

A Reward for Brushing Teeth

I had this conversation with my entirely too persistent for my own good - nearly three year old - Anna last night right before bed:

A: Momma!!! I brush my teeth with toothpaste - SEE???

M: Thank you. Very nice!

A: Now can I have a cookie?

M: What?

A: Now can I have a cookie for brushing my teeth with toothpaste - SEE???

M: I see - but we can't have a cookie after we brush our teeth or they will get all messy again.

A: Oh.

30 second lapse...

A: Now can I have a cookie?

M: No. Go to bed.

A: Awww.
Maybe if she would have asked one more time...
No worries - all the cookies were able to find a home in a tummy somewhere!

7 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

LOL! I always make sure I wait at least one full minute before eating chocolate after brushing my teeth. If only she would have known that she was only 30 seconds shy of success! :)

JulieJ said...

Sounds like Brandon. He likes to stash holiday candy by his bed to sneak before drifting off..
Dr. Bell will be so happy.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'm glad all Abigail asks for is a drink of water. In a medicine cup.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Leserlee - that makes me laugh because my kids are obsessed! with Tylenol. Why do they make it in fun flavors? It's like they want little acetaminophin addicts running around. Medicine cup - oh yeah.

Anonymous said...

What's the big deal. Cookies and mint flavoring go great together. She is so funny. What a crack up!

Jill Jones said...

Life's short eat dessert first - and last - and right before bed, right? Hey Heather I need your address.....

stoner said...

I always reward myself after brushing my teeth....that isn't right?

This kind of goes along with it...but doesn't (humor me). I have always wondered why at ward breakfasts (Elder's Quorum) they serve orange juice and donuts. To me, that is like brushing your teeth and eating something sweet....it makes you pucker. Sadly, it doesn't make me stop
eating.

Tangents are my specialty!