Thursday, April 22, 2010

Words of Wisdom About Wal Mart

There may be a smile on every isle - or are we saving money and living better these days? Anyway, Anna had a great idea for their slogan so I decided to share.

We were walking into Wal Mart the other day and Anna saw the flag outside. Here is our conversation:

Anna: LOOK MOM! The AMERICAN flag!

Mom: Yes, because THIS is AMERICA!

Anna: No it isn't.

Mom: Yes it is.

Anna: NO. It isn't

Mom: YES. It is. (why do I argue with a 4 year old? When will I learn that they DO know everything?)

Anna: MOM... NO it ISN'T!

Mom: Okay Anna, then what is it?

Anna: IT'S NOT AMERICA. IT'S WAL MART!


So we propose a change in their advertising. From "catchy" to "true". It's not America. It's Wal Mart. I've learned my lesson. Anna is (almost) ALWAYS right.

7 comments:

klunker said...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the WalMart for which it stands, one store, under Sam, wholly habitable, with crowding and cleanups on all (aisles).

shel said...

Ha ha ha!!!

I think Anna and Klunker could be good friends.

It's always a bad day if Walmart is on the to-do's. I'm learning to avoid it entirely. Wonder if that makes me more or less American?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Shel - MORE American. MORE. And Anna and Klunker ARE good friends. I'm glad you can so obviously see why. And Klunker - when they are cleaning up on all aisles - why don't they clean up some of the peeps? Yo.

Randomus maximus said...

Not America? Thank heavens for that. Still - an interesting subset.

Amberly said...

Smart, funny girl!!

Katelyn said...

Don't mess with Anna! Very Funny

Amy Hunter said...

Ha!! I love it! And, I love Klunker's salute as well! I needed a good chuckle.