Thursday, April 15, 2010

So Old...


You know that feeling when someone you used to babysit sends you a wedding announcement - and you think "Surely I can't be THIS old. She must be getting married when she is 7!" Well, I VIVIDLY remember the birth of my sweet little nephew, Josh. I remember the waiting for the call... not patiently... and the call... when it finally came... and the excitement when his parents FINALLY decided on a name (you are seriously lucky, Josh, that you aren't still named Baby Bodily!)... and most of all, I remember holding him - MY FIRST NEPHEW! He was baldy, blonde, and darling. Still is. Although he has lots of hair - oh, and it's dark. Anyway - he got his MISSION CALL yesterday. How is that possible? I know I/he is not that old!!! True to HIS FAMILY FORUM they are waiting and waiting and waiting (just to torture me, I am sure) to open it until they can either be together (Josh is at BYU) or at least until they can skipe each other. So here I sit. Feeling anxious. Feeling old. Feeling the need for chocolate. Can chocolate turn back time - maybe just for a second?
UPDATE!!! JOSHUA IS GOING TO VITORIA BRAZIL!!!! He reports to the Brazillian MTC on August 25, 2010!

9 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Skype. And I know what you mean about people you used to babysit getting married. And I'm not even that old. I'm only 29.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Okay, I am so old that I don't even know how to spell Skype. I have at least heard of it - and I did know what it was when it was said to me. Thanks Baby Leslie for pointing out my age AGAIN. We are SO fighting.

bonitinha said...

Now I'm all anxious too! I can't wait to find out!!!

bonitinha said...

Congratulations Joshua! That's awesome!

klunker said...

Just remember...I'm even older than you. :)

klunker said...

Brazilian MTC? Wicked cool!

Amberly said...

My nephew just got married, and one of my nieces is married with kids. I say we are way too young and beautiful to have nieces and nephews this old! I personally blame my sister for making me feel old!

Unknown said...

I am so excited! We can all be old together!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know the feeling. Hey when are you going to the play, so I can embarass you and tell everyone all about the playwrite.