What can I say? They are pieces of wood. Some of them painted colors, some of them not. Wood. Favorite toy. These are, incidentally, another Wendell Bunnell contribution. He went on a trip for a couple of weeks this summer, and to help repair the sadness of him being away for so long, he brought our family a boatload of presents. Seriously, everyone should have a Wendell for a neighbor - not for the presents, just for the cute. The world would be a happy place. Anyway, one of the things that he gave to the whole family was a set of wooden blocks. We ALL play with these. You could argue what the kids have more fun doing - whether it is building or knocking down - I say it's a great combination! These pictures are of a NEW game we thought of with the blocks. We build these fun little city things and hide little stuff in them and then make a list of the items that are hidden for people to find. Sort of an I-SPY game. Hours of fun. Wood. Really.
Can you get more classic than WOOD?
6 comments:
There is an I-Spy book just like that game, in fact. And that Halloween party at church, the people that put it together are AMAZING!!!!
Wooden blocks are the BEST.
I have good neighbors, but your neighbor sounds super nice! I've been considering the wooden blocks for my girls. You are giving me great ideas for Christmas.
Your comments on Mary's blog and my blog made me laugh out loud!!
How much fun!! At first I thought Tanner was "too cool" to play with the blocks, but after reading I realized he was making the list. What a fun game! Oh...and thanks for the cookies. Poor Aaron...I'm not sharing! :)
What a great game! We are so going to start playing that!
I found you through Leslie... I'm so excited that we have bloggers in our ward! Btw, love your blog. And I totally agree, it's amazing how blocks of wood can engage a child!
Post a Comment