Thursday, October 29, 2009

LOVING Family Doll House (Second Post in the Classic Toys Series)


I need to post twice a day to get everything done that I want to do. That will happen. Anyway, I am posting about a doll house today and it makes me want to do the "Painting Accomplished" blog that I still need to do about my kitchen, bathroom, girls room... from when Devon came to visit - and to show you the darling bedspreads Joy made for my girl's room. Maybe after I finish telling you about our favorite toys - oh, right - that's what I was doing.
I love doll houses. My friend Amy had a post a while back about her husband finding the EXACT doll house she loved and played with as a child, on ebay, and buying it for her. I just think that a toy that you can remember and love CLEAR into your own motherhood days, is a great toy. My girls arrange the furniture all the time and they keep the doll house cleaner than their own room - not that that makes the doll house CLEAN, mind you, the girls room is one constant battle. I have to confess two things. First of all, I sort of bought the Loving Family because I liked their marketing scam of ACTING like they were selling loving to families. Second, one day, when the Loving Family had migrated to the living room and stayed for several annoying days, I said to Ella (in a very loud, not so happy voice) "ELLA! COME PICK UP THIS DANG HAPPY FAMILY RIGHT NOW!!!" Ella's response was an equally loud, "THEY AREN'T THE 'HAPPY' FAMILY THEY ARE THE 'LOVING' FAMILY!!!" Oh, like us huh? I'm glad that my girls love to play with doll houses. I love to play with them too. Girls, now THERE is a classic!

7 comments:

bonitinha said...

We own 10 doll houses. Brought to you by the "more is always better" department. (Not to mention the "more is always better" grandma!)

The Freed Family said...

We have a loving family doll house that I gave Hailey when she was 3! Now she's 7 and hasn't played with it for probably 2 years, but I don't think I can part with it cause it is so dang cute.

Amy Hunter said...

Oh my heck. I MUST have a daughter. I'm not stopping till I break the boy mold (I remember you said that when Ella was born). Dollhouses are definitely a classic, can't live without girl toy. Why don't they make boy doll houses, I ask? My boys love it when I get my house out! Hmmmmm....

Amberly said...

We have that dollhouse and it is fun! Sometimes I think I like it better than my girls do.

klunker said...

I started a book about Barbie & her inventor (P&P is next in the queue) and Ruth's (the "inventor" of the doll) motto and reason for inventing it was that "little girls just want to be bigger girls," based on watching her daughter play with dress-up grown-up paper dolls instead of the baby dress up dolls. Do your kids play with the mom or the kids more?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I have a HUGE dollhouse sitting in our crawl space. My mom's father made it for her and her sisters, and now I have it. Sadly it isn't in very great shape (too many moves), so as much as I would love to fix it up, Carl might just have to build a new one in the same fashion.

JulieJ said...

I'm just happy that Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite made a short comeback. Those were the best!