My favorite kind of ice cream is dark chocolate base (surprise) with lots of nuts (the nuts can be chocolate covered too as long as the chocolate on the outside is not hard or frozen - even with the cold temperature of the ice cream - I hate frozen chocolate shards in my ice cream). I also approve strongly of brownie chunks and fudge swirls in my chocolate ice cream. When we lived in Philadelphia there was a brand of ice cream that they sold - I can't remember what it was called now - but they had a special edition "Berried Treasure" that was cheesecake ice cream with cheesecake chunks and squishy fruit globs with sugary syrup around them. Emily? Back me up here. Okay, weigh in (bad choice of words, I suppose)! What is YOUR favorite ice cream???
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Home made vanilla. You know, I think I've still got some. Thanks for reminding me to have a treat tonight!
Earnestly Chocolate. It's from the BYU Creamery. It's a chocolate base, with a caramel ribbon and caramel cups. So deliciously creamy and yummy. Okay, my mouth is watering now. Seriously. I need to go to Provo, stat!
I love ice cream, sincerely love it!! I think ice cream should have nuts in it. I love a good hot fudge sundae with nuts and whipped cream!!!
I second what Leslie says, Earnestly Chocolate is the best.
Some friends made a homemade raspberry and mango one once and that was amazing as well.
Definitely Berried Treasure, though my homemade version (which includes brownie chunks) is even better than the Philly kind (which I can't remember the brand name either and now that's going to keep me up all night, thanks) and it's also better than Cold Stone, so there. But that Earnestly Chocolate sounds reallly goooood... I think I might have to hunt some of that down! I also have a great passion for pistachio. Mmmmm. And Ben & Jerry used to have a chocolate base with chunks of peanut butter cookie dough that was outrageously good. And I totally agree that frozen shards of chocolate in ice cream is gross. Eeew.
My fav is Big Red ice cream...homemade. Maybe we'll have to get together next summer and have some! This summer just flew by....and if you are ever in Texas, you have to try Blue Bell. It is delicous.
Heather, you amaze me. Thank you for making me laugh, and making me feel so much better! I love you.
My favorite ice cream is Haagen-Daaz raspberry cheesecake, but since I live in Provo, I'm going to have to go try out Earnestly Chocolate. Creamery, here I come!
I am starting to feel VERY robbed that I have never had the honor of parting of Earnestly Chocolate!!! I even had a roommate who worked at the BYU Creamery (it isn't called that anymore though is it?) She applied for the job "cheese cutter" because she wanted to tell people that she cut cheese for a living. Oh, how I love that CarrieASP. And Oh, how I love chocolate ice cream. Provo huh? Well, it may not be SUCH a bad drive.
Gorgeous chillens! Everything
But the ..... Ben and Jerry's. I also love Chocolate Chunk from Albertsons. Moose Tracks is delectable as well.
Post a Comment