I love when the kids do things that are "timeless". What child hasn't found fun in making a pile of leaves in the fall and jumping into - throwing - scooping and tossing and raining down on them - leaves are a classic toy. I love the smell of leaves in the crisp air. I love the explosion of color on the branches. I LOVE when you are driving down a street with a lot of mature trees and there is just enough of a breeze to make it snow leaves all the way down the block. It makes me miss Shady Lane in Philadelphia. It was, just what it's name implies, a lane that curved through a series of beautiful old estates all of which had hundreds of trees. The trees stretched out over the road making a complete ceiling of branches. We drove through it to get to Brad's campus and I loved the spring with they were all pastel buds and the fall when it would absolutely DUMP brightly colored leaves from the sky at a non-stop pace for days. I'm not saying that I don't miss summer, I think we all know that's my favorite - but there are some amazing things about fall!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah, I hate to admit that autumn does have it's perks, as well. Summer girls unite. We will get through this! Meanwhile, I'm getting one of those lamps you got, because last night when I looked out my window and it was pitch black outside at 7:00, I got severely depressed.
I love the action shots. I do agree with you that fall in Philly is beautiful. I love those streets that have a golden glow from the color of the leaves. If only they would stay that way instead of bleak & bare. :)
I saw the kids playing out there the other day when I drove by, and they looked like they were having the best time! So much fun!
And, it wasn't the "timeless" classic activity of "she started it," or "he's looking at me," or...well, you get the general direction this is heading. :)
Well said, Miss "klunker"!
They look like they are having a great time, Heather! And you always make me nostalgic when you write.
YES! They really are a classic, and so, so fun. What a fun blog post series. I enjoyed reading all of them!
Post a Comment