Camilla: Mom?
Me: What?
Camilla: How much do crayons and markers cost?
Me: You know what? I'm not sure.
Camilla: I guess we'll have to go check.
Ella: Camilla, you might not have enough money.
Camilla: Ella! I HAVE TWO HUNDRED CENTS!!! TWO HUNDRED!!!
Ella: Oh. Then you'll have enough.

So really, all of this gloom and doom is for nothing - we just start counting everything in cents! It is VERY impressive.
Oh, and we went to Shopko and the crayons were like $2.49 and the markers were more than that and so, in fact, two hundred cents was not enough - but on the happy side she did find a puppy diary that was only $1.39 and so she bought that and then had enough left over to get a sticky hand out of the gumball machine. Those are what we call wise investing strategies.
10 comments:
A puppy diary!! I think she might be a dog person. What have you created Heather.
Two hundred cents! lol! I like it! She is a gorgeous girl!
Maybe the government should enlist the tooth fairy in their next stimulus package. That seems to work!
200 hundred anything sounds like alot right now! I wish I could lose some teeth!
Should have gone to the dollar store. Treasures galore, and she would have had enough for two really awesome treasures. I guess she had enough for two awesome treasures anyway. Oh well. Maybe next time, when she only has 100 cents.
I needed a good laugh. Don't you just love the "treasure" machines they put at the front of each store--at eye-level with your little ones? The gasps from my girls sometimes make me think Christmas has come early. FYI...those little sticky hands hurt if they get flipped in someones hair. We had one that looked like a hairball.....Enjoy!!!
Sad that the first thing I thought of was how much huger my debt seemed now, when you put it like that.
I have another Japanese comment! 200 yen is $2 (give or take), $200 is 20,000 yen. Now imagine how much a house costs!!!! Enough to make your head spin!!! I wish I could still be excited over 200 cents.
Just letting you know my blog address has changed to
www.dreamingofbeaches.blogspot.com
So she is a pretty smary one :) And I had never noticed how much she looks like Tanner until that picture. Wow :)
Post a Comment