Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, Monday...

The reason I am doing this is so that someday when my children are grown and it is quiet on a Monday morning and I am feeling lonely, I can look back, read this, and be grateful for the quiet.

Why are Monday mornings always such a challenge?

Where's my lunch box? I don't WANT to go to school today! It's not fair! Madsen said he is not going to school. It's time for breakfast! Do I have to eat oatmeal? Yes, sit down. I need to find my library book. Where is everyone? Ella is erasing the chalk board and we haven't taken a picture of it yet! Madsen won't get up! Mom? Where is my backpack? I took Suzee out last night so it isn't my turn! Mom? Tanner took the chalk away and won't let me draw on the chalk board. Didn't you wash my red shirt? Where is it? Up in my room. Is this your homework? Why isn't it done? Mom? Madsen is still in bed! I can't find my other shoe and I've looked EVERYWHERE!!! I don't want that in my lunch. Come to the table! Stop copying your sister! Madsen are you out of bed yet? Camilla get me your sheet so I can sign it. I don't know where your backpack is. I still can't find my shoe! Can you find it mom? I'm making lunches - go look for it. I've looked EVERYWHERE! You can't have looked "everywhere" or you would have found it already. Ella and Tanner, stop fighting! Anna are you stinky? Where do we go potty and poop? Listen, just sit down and eat your breakfast! Camilla did you find your backpack and sign sheet? Tanner, you can't go to school with just one shoe! If you don't get to the table you won't have any time to eat your breakfast! Is there something else besides oatmeal and oranges and bananas? EEEWWW eggs. Yuck. Do I have to go to school today? Can I have some peanuts? Not for breakfast Ella. How about a cookie? No. GET TO THE TABLE!!! Brad? Time for breakfast! Hurry and eat everyone - we are going to be late. Grab your lunches! Don't forget your backpack. Do you have your homework? Try to do it in the van! Did you find your shoe? Just where you left it huh? Have a great day! Make good choices!
WHEW!!! THEY ARE GONE AND I MADE IT! ...Whose lunch is this?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to think this all happens in a relatively short time!!!! Amazing!!!

Amberly said...

I struggle to get one kid ready for school, so I don't know how you do it. I would have to add the part where I have to gather myself and regain my composure before picking up carpool kids. Someday they will thank us right??

Amy Hunter said...

I am rolling! Thank you for that beautiful moment! We are so worth our weight in gold, us moms. My favorite one is "Brad?" Yeah, where are those hubbys when all of this is going on? My second favorite line, "right where you left it, huh?" I can totally hear you saying that. I miss you.

shel said...

Oh, thankfully this never happens in my perfectly organized home with my perfectly behaved children.

stoner said...

I tell myself to enjoy moments....like when I am picking up toys, "enjoy this, it won't last." Or when I am changing a poopy diaper (mine forgets where we go potty too.) But then, I worry if this is to be enjoyed...what is coming next? :D

Jill Jones said...

Just Mondays go that way at your house? That's every morning here....