Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Music


Christmas starts after Easter in most stores. After Halloween it is a FREE-FOR-ALL for the rest of the world - as far as Christmas goes, resulting in a sad neglect of Thanksgiving. I'm sure Chris Stoker would be proud of my acknowledgement of this fact. This year I decided to try something different. I have started playing hymns of Thanks. This morning it was Come Thou Fount. It makes a difference in my attitude, as well as that of my children. I am thankful for good music.

3 comments:

klunker said...

I love that song!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Agreed. Thanks for the thought. In our house, the song heard most, and most often requested is "Follow the Prophet", with an occasional "As Zion's Youth" thrown in for good measure. What have you done to my daughter?

shel said...

I'm not gonna lie...I'm already getting a tad tingly with excitement when you mention Christmas. But you are so right...when we skip Thanksgiving, we miss the chance to perfectly prepare our hearts to enter the Christmas season full of gratitude. At least that's what I think...AND the Christmas nazi, himself.