Wednesday, October 27, 2010

IF... I Agree On It.


Anna and I have new jobs. Her assignment. MY job is to find whatever it is that tickles Her Royal Majesties fancy, HER job is to tell me if she "agrees on it" or not. If YES - I WIN!!! She is happy and we go on with our lives. If she DOESN'T agree (which happens more often that one might think!) then I get to keep guessing until I DO get it right and she "agrees on it".


Two examples.


A: Mom, I want something to eat.
M: Okay. What would you like.
A: I don't know - something I agree on.
M: How about a sandwich?
A: No. I don't agree on that. If I agree on it then I agree but if I don't then I want something else.
M: What about some cheese?
A: Umm... I don't agree.
M: What about a banana?
A: I don't agree. If I agree on it then I agree...
M: Yes. I know how it works. I'm just not sure how to read your mind.
A: Keep looking and I will agree when you say something I agree on...

Scenario #2.
M: Here are your clothes.
A: Not that shirt.
M: Excuse me?
A: I agree on the pants, but not that shirt.
M: Okay, then Princess Picky, which shirt do you want?
A: I don't know. You pick shirts and I will tell you when I agree on one. If I agree then I will say I agree and if I don't then you can pick another one.
M: *sigh*

Kids - it's a good thing they are cute because sometimes...
I AGREE!!!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Cute! I agree! We want to have you guys over for pizza and basketball! I'll call you soon! You also have to come hold my baby!!!!! Jules

The Freed Family said...

Sounds like she is giving you a lesson in patience and mind-reading. It is the patience part that is a harder lesson for me.

Amberly said...

I agree! What a fun game! You are a patient mother!

bonitinha said...

Ahhh, sounds like Kate. The problem was that you didn't offer to put the cheese in her mouth. Details, you know. :)

klunker said...

At least it is only one person's agreement she's waiting for. She could make you play the game waiting for unanimity of the masses.