Thursday, July 22, 2010

These Loud Jets Are Hurting My... Heart!

When we lived in Riverdale Utah for a few months while Brad did rotations with Mt. Ogden Eye Center, The University of Utah Medical Center, and the V.A., we used to have the jets from the airbase fly by quite frequently. They were loud! There was no point in trying to speak when one was overhead, because no matter how you exerted your lungs, there was NO hearing anything except their forceful engines. My brother Kevin visited us a few times while we were there and EVERY TIME! and I mean EVERY single time - one would fly over (I swear - even if he were sleeping or showering...) he would drop what he was doing, RUN outside, and stare until it was out of his sight. Children, food, conversation... nothing could stop him from going to see what the jets were doing.

So today. Today there are jets in town rehearsing for the Idaho Falls Airshow and they are flying right over our house - 1, 2, 3, even 4 at a TIME! My children are SPRINTING out with every noise to see what SPECTACULAR thing they are doing this time - and, admittedly I run out for most too - but this time, the jets aren't hurting my ears. They are hurting my heart. I wish Kevin was here to marvel at the jets with us. But he's not. I miss that boy.

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I wish he were there too. My heart goes out to you. Love you!

shel said...

Hugs.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

We are running outside to see them too. And, Kevin isn't missing them, he has a better view of them than the rest of us. Or so I like to think about the view from heaven. :)

Amberly said...

My heart aches for you. It's good to have fond memories but sometimes they just hurt!