These pictures and this post are actually from Easter weekend, but I have put off doing it because I am afraid that no matter WHAT I do, I won't do it justice.
Let me tell you a story. A long time ago in a land far away lived a girl who was asked to drive some girls to a camp in a part of Pennsylvania that she was COMPLETELY unfamiliar with. This was, as I said before, a long time ago - before those great little GPS things were in common use... back to the story - this girl knew of another girl who had just moved in down the road and was not working as of yet - so she (girl H) called her (girl E) and asked her (girl E) to brave the adventure with her (girl H - confused yet!). I
don't know what about being lost and gone forever with SOMEONE ELSE is more appealing that just being lost and gone forever... but when girl E accepted the invitation, girl H was much relieved.
Who knew that all of these years (and girls) later we would still be friends - the BEST of friends? Emily has gone through much of Optometry school, all of rotations, three pregnancies, one miscarriage, six family member deaths, eight moves, three mini vans, one and 1 and 1/16 authored books, and a myriad of phone calls - often at inconvenient times - with me. I've been with Emily through three jobs, three pregnancies, 1 family member death, three moves, one minivan two totalled BMW's - and A FIRST DRIVER'S licence!, one and 1/16 books authored, a R.S. Presidency calling, and so much more - and with everything - I just like her more.
We are so different - - and yet so much the same. Emily has been living in Utah for the past - has it been four years? Holy cow. Anyway, we didn't get together much - but when we did - we took pictures so it could last. Emily has just moved to North Carolina. I miss h
er - NOT because she moved - but because I haven't been able to talk to her on the phone! I love that distance doesn't hurt our friendship. It's comforting to know that as long as we have smoke signals or cell phones, Emily and I will be friends.
Thanks Emily for all of the years of friendship. What would I have done without you? And thanks for these adorable matching girl skirts. And thanks for bringing your girls to my girls so that THEY can be friends too. I can't wait to visit you in NC!
3 comments:
Cute skirts! Did you guys make them?
What fun pictures of the girls!
It sounds like an amazing friendship!!!
Wow, she sounds like one heck of an awesome gal! How lucky you are. Almost as lucky as she is. :)
Thanks.
I promise I'll call you soon.
Post a Comment