Friday, July 31, 2009

GO CHUKARS!!!



This is what Anna shouts intermittently at all of the Chukars games. She could care less about what is going on on the field, but every once and a while she will pull herself away from swinging on the rails, crawling under the bench, or bouncing from seat to step and back, to yell "GO CHUKARS!" We love the Chukars. Our tradition of going to a game on the 4th of July is moving into it's third year and we plan to keep it for a long time.



Last night we went for Library Night (all of the readers get a free ticket to the game as one of their prizes). After the game we ran the bases, met the Chukar mascot, and got an autograph from #9 on a mitt and a ball.



There is something about the green of the grass, the red of the dirt on the diamond, the white striped uniforms, the smell of hot dogs, nachos, and peanuts, the feel of the warm air that cools in the evening occasionally chilling with a burst of breeze - it just epitomizes summer.



GO CHUKARS!!!


5 comments:

klunker said...

Every kid should get to go to a ballgame. I remember to this day all those things you described, PLUS the unmitigated THRILL of having the peanut vendor throw me a bag of peanuts that I got to eat and throw the shells on the ground out at Angels Stadium (before Disney bought them out--tells you how old I am). Summertime indeed!

bonitinha said...

Fun stuff!!!

shel said...

You make it sound so good! I'm sure it's a fun party with your family!! Good job on the pictures...love it and love you...can't wait to see you in a few days!!

P.S. What's a chukar?

JulieJ said...

Tristan signed my kids up for the Chukars club and they are loving it! I just wish there was a better place to nurse a baby or I would go too. I don't think he will join that again because you can get so many free tickets different ways.

Angela said...

Ah, baseball... That looks so fun. I definitely prefer the small town teams to the big professional games, we'll have to join you sometime!