Monday, July 20, 2009

The Cooking Kids.

My kids love to cook. Sometimes we use recipes. Sometimes we don't. I have to say that it's kind of fun getting to take most days off of lunch duty. The clean up, on the other hand...

Here are some of the fun things that they have invented this summer. Tanner has made soup from scratch (spicy chicken noodle) no recipe, Madsen made sour cream blueberry muffins with a recipe, Camilla made strawberry muffins no recipe, Ella and Anna help with (one of my favorite ideas) SNACK TRAY - which is basically a buffet on a tray.












You are awesome kids. Now, what's for dinner?

5 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Are they free this week? Carl is working nights, so I don't cook much. But...if they want to cook for me, I wouldn't be opposed. No oranges or bell peppers though. We are allergic. Or one is allergic to oranges (Abigail) and the rest of us (me and Carl) don't like bell peppers.

Amy Hunter said...

Oh....my....goodness....I'm so jealous!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Wow. No recipe?!? And I was feeling really good that Brielle can make scrambled eggs! That is amazing. It must come in their genes. You and Brad make some of the best food I have ever had. Hmmm. Maybe I should come and visit. :)

shel said...

I love the last picture of them all! What a good looking brood!! Can't wait to see you all.

Oh, and I agree it's in the genes. My daughter cooks ramen noodles. But then again...that's about the extent of my kitchen abilities, too. And you are the best mom ever to let them just try things out without a recipe and see what happens.

bonitinha said...

Mmmm, sounds yummy!