I remember someone telling us once that "quality time" is a nice thought, but the reality of the situation is, that with children, you must have a large "quantity" of time and then IN that you will find gems of "quality".
The children were out of school Thursday and Friday of last week. This week they had 1/2 day Wednesday and Thursday and were out all day today. Some of that time has been spent nagging about jobs and projects and homework and room cleaning. Some has been wasted on sibling tiffs and tattling and sitting in timeout. But we have had a few "quality gems". A picnic in the park yesterday, pizza party picnic last night with friends, good Student Led Conferences, fun little "games" together... and then today (my favorite thing) we picked our neighbors plums - they love the tree but not the fruit - we sang songs and picked and gathered. It was lovely to have them all gathered around, doing something very worthwhile and productive, and doing it happily. It was a Plum Lovely afternoon...
5 comments:
Holy cow you are on the ball. It is still the 15th and you have a post done and posted. I stand in awe of your splendor and abilities!
I love your ability to capture the world around you into words. I wish I had your talent. Thank heavens for those quality gem times. Isn't it amazing how fun it is to work together in providing for yourselves?!? We went apple picking as a family a couple of weeks ago and all of us had SUCH a good time. What are you going to do with the plums?
I heart student led conferences! And love your idea about finding those "gem" like moments.
P.s. I haven't been to zumba since we both last danced together... are you going this next week???
And I lub lub lub your plum jam, so send some my way!
Good point...you need a large quantity of time if you want to fit some quality in with all the crap. :)
Would be nice to spend some quality time with you all sometime soon!!
Post a Comment