Thursday, August 12, 2010

More TIME!


One of the things that I love about the end of summer are the eternally long days of excruciating heat. They wear me down. They burn me out. They nearly choke me with their intensity and duration. It is because of these days that I am able to welcome Autumn, no matter how hesitantly, with its nippy mornings and crisp evenings. Autumn only lasts for two blessed seconds and then winter is here - my trial in life. But wishing for the cooler weather is what I LIVE for. This year? We haven't HAD summer. We have had 4 days of "good" heat - the sweltering kind. It has been spring or autumn ALL SUMMER! AND today, when I had to register my kids for SCHOOL I felt choked up! I'm not ready! I haven't gotten enough of them yet. I haven't wished for... well for ANYTHING that I don't have just now... except MORE time!


Stay SUMMER. Stay CHILDREN! Just wait for a second, Father Time - I'm not READY!!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Can I just say how much I love your kids? So so much!

Jules said...

You are right about this summer, it just started!!! But, I love Fall, it just makes me get the butterflies and all excited for some reason! P.S. I love your hair just the way it is and it would be shameful if you had it any other way! I hope to see you soon!! Actually, that reminds me... we have one of your kids outfits!!! oops! Jules

Rebecca Robison said...

So true. So true.

amy said...

Um, I can give you more kids! I don't know if I will make it through tomorrow, our last day before school starts. The intensity with no Daddy around to share in the joy of parenting them (and all the neighborhood kids) is almost more wonder and excitement than I can handle! BTW, how do you make your blog private? I want to try it. Love you!