Monday, January 18, 2010

Horses On The Loose...

Ella and I had the BEST time together on Saturday. Ella got a "BOOK IT" certificate from her teacher, Mrs. Peterson, for reading every day in December. The certificate allows her a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut and ever since she got it it has been burning a hole in her pocket (and our patience - "can we go and get my pizza today"..."can we go and get my pizza today"..."can we go and get my pizza today"...). Saturday was THE day. Ella and I left together and headed for Pizza Hut. I asked her, "So El, are you excited?" Her response was SO cute...

"Yes! I can't even HOLD MY HORSES!!!"

I love that girl. Sitting in the van with her next to me in the BIG front seat while she ate her pizza just melted my heart. She enjoyed EVERY bite. I enjoyed every one too - but just for sheer pleasure of watching her being so content - horses running wild with joy!

8 comments:

Jill said...

What a great post!! I love the innocence of little kids! Thanks for the smile!

Jill Jones said...

I may not have been posting, but I've been reading all your blog posts! You are so hilarious! Don't you just love what kids will say? :) Makes me want to have more! Oh wait, I am having more.... ;-)

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I love "Book It". Growing up I was such a book worm, and my sisters too, I'll bet my parents loved taking us to Pizza Hut because our family of six practically got to eat for free because of all the personal pizzas for us kids. And Ella not being able to hold her horses...LOVE IT!!

Nettie! said...

So cute and what a BEAUTIFUL girl! :)

The Freed Family said...

That is too funny. What a cute girl. I've got some of those book-its we need to use up!

The Freed Family said...

That is too funny. What a cute girl. I've got some of those book-its we need to use up!

Amy Hunter said...

hilarious! Oh, I love that picture of her. She is stunning, I tell you.

shel said...

I'm telling you, those are my very favorite moments. I'm glad you wrote about it. That kind of enthusiasm is the greatest!!