Monday, January 11, 2010

The Birthday...

38 is great. I had a wonderful Birthday.
My brother, Stephen took my children to the Dollar store where they spent (seemingly) hundreds of dollars on flowers, vases, ring boxes, cups, fake birds and such. It was very sweet. They were extremely proud of their purchases.







Devon sent me lemons, limes and avocados as well as a culmination of three of my favorite things (sleep, Lucy, and chocolate) - in pajamas that are "I Love Lucy" (a statement from me, as well as a show name) from the chocolate episode. Genius Dev.



Brad got me a Diana Krall DVD - Live in Rio (LOVE that girl!) and a mango candle to burn while we listen to it - almost like the tropics (well, minus the freezing temperatures!) AND he also got me a 13 week course to become a Master Gardener. So starting on Wednesday, January 20th, I will be going back to "school". I am super excited.






Julie and Traci brought some much needed chocolate - um, HOORAY - and thanks! My Orthodontist sent me a Jamba card and his wife brought me brownies - delicious! I also got many phone calls and well wishes (a special thanks to the soon to be famous Eastwood Singing Girls). It's nice to be remembered in your old age! Now I had better get on my Hover Round and go see where I set my dentures!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh jealous about the Master Gardner Course. I would love to take that someday!!!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

"Happy, happy birthday Heather DEAR!" It sounds like it was a wonderful day and that is good cuz you DESERVE it. How cute for your kids to get their uncle to take them to buy you gifts. So thoughtful. You are teaching them well. :) What date is your birthday so that next year I can get in on the phone calls and well wishes?

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Heather!! I'm so glad you were spoiled rotten, no one deserves it more than fabulous, wonderful, YOU! May the spoiling last the Whole year through!

Nettie! said...

Happy Birthday you gorgeous girl, you!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Brad signed you up for the Master Gardener program?!? That's awesome! Let me know if you need help with anything with it. I have done it for the past three years. I was thinking about taking a break from it this year, but maybe I will do it again this year, just because you are going to be doing the program. BTW, happy birthday the other day. Or was it today? I can't remember.

klunker said...

Glad you had a great day. I'm making a list of gardening questions for you. :)

Jill said...

Sounds like a perfect day!! Glad you enjoyed it!! Love the picture of you!

shel said...

Perfect!! Absolutely perfect. I just wish you would have shared a picture of all the fun dollar store gifts. You can never have enough fake birds. And now you have to keep that stuff forever (I mean get to.) Happy Birthday, friend!

P.S. You might want to save the dentures until after the braces.

JMP said...

Happy BIrthday!!!!!! Why is it that it talkes me until at least Jan 11th to get my calendar up and I always miss your birthday. But, the second I notice it, I'm thinking of you for hours. :) You really are a great person. We all are lucky to know you! What does it feel like to be that old BTW? I've got a whole month and a half before I feel it too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You got your Master Gardener Class. Livvy was talking about Anna today, when are you going to take your day off and bring her over. Happy Birthday!

The Grant Group said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday (minus the sentiments of an old roommate huh?) You are so young and gorgeous! Love ya!

Rebecca Robison said...

I love it all! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! P.s. Thanks so much for today! You were my angel!! Also, I totally will have a cake ready for you :)

Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Heather! :)

The Freed Family said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day!