Sunday, December 20, 2009

Seriously??? At Church??? At Christmas??? Come on!!!


Our ward split about a month ago. We are meeting in a random meeting house that isn't even in our stake boundaries - it's not a great neighborhood but Idaho Falls/Ammon hardly has a "ghetto" right? Anyway Brad was called from teaching his class in the middle of it, and I at the end of singing time to talk to police out in the parking lot. Our van window was smashed and, in addition to our peace of mind and security, they also took my purse. Luckily my purse was devoid of big cash, house keys, cell phone and such - it did have all of the plastic we keep around for emergency use plus my bank card and Brad's business bank card - Brad had to skip church to run home to cancel them all before they could use them. We weren't the only hit. Another lady had her car broken into today and our Relief Society President last week and a cute little senior couple on Wednesday of last week (she wasn't as lucky as I was - she had all of her keys in her purse). Anyway, we hope your holidays are a little less of a "smash" than ours have been. !long exasperated sigh!

11 comments:

klunker said...

That'll make you mad enough to spit all right! Glad nobody was hurt (other than peace of mind). Will you be able to meet back within your boundaries any time soon?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Jeannie Anderson told me you were one of the ones hit. That really stinks. I'm so sorry. Who was it last Wednesday?

Wammack Family said...

I'm so sorry, that is awful!

Amy Hunter said...

Yikes!!!! I'm so sorry! What a pain in the neck.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You should go all Nancy Drew and then when you catch the perpetrator...set your kids on them! ATTACK! That would serve them right!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Thanks Klunker for the spell check - I said our ward spit about a month ago - I hate it when I misspell something and it is a REAL (but wrong) word so spell check doesn't catch it. They need to have "read my mind" check. Frightening.

Anyway, thanks for the sympathy and thanks, Josh for the suggestion - does anyone have a red convertible and a cashemere sweater I could borrow?

The Freed Family said...

So sorry Heather. That is horrible. I hope they catch them.

Amberly said...

Rude! Sorry that happened!

Nettie! said...

I am SO sorry! Our hubcap was stolen last week at church...this stuff happened a lot in NY where I was born and raised. My mom's purse got stolen in our Church one time and I never forgot it. (Neither did she, she is still so careful about leaving her purse for 2 seconds even if she's taking 3 steps from it.) This is very upsetting...I hope the police can help out so it stops happening!

shel said...

Seriously??? At Church??? At Christmas??? Come on!!!

Oh...did you say that already?

Nobody messes with my Heather like that. We'll take care of them for ya.