Thursday, April 16, 2009

"...Laundry Until My Eyes Are Purple."

Have you ever been so frustrated that you can't even think of the words to say that would adequately voice your disbelief of a certain situation? I HATE that! At the time when you most need to say something significant for the feelings you are feeling - you come up with something so ridiculous that it - it - it.... "AARRGGG!" You know?

Okay, so here is mine from this morning. I have spent the last - I don't know - 13 years or something - doing laundry CONSTANTLY for this family (maybe a slight exaggeration - but ONLY slight). I only have maybe one load of dirty clothes in my laundry room and this after having the children bring me all of their clothes just three days ago. None of them are in danger of going naked - if you know what I am saying - so we should be all set - right? WRONG! We are trying to get ready for school today - and of course it would be an already stressful morning - and one of my children (who shall remain nameless) said -

"Mom? Do you have any shorts I could wear to school?"

"I washed a bunch of them and sent them up to your room yesterday!"

"No. I can't find any."

"Look again or find something else to wear."

"I don't have anything else to wear." (these people can't shut their closets for all of the "nothing to wear" they have!)

and then I got so frustrated that I said...

"Tanner! (oops) I have done laundry until my eyes are PURPLE! Don't tell me you don't have anything to wear!"


Eyes are purple? Exactly how many loads of laundry is that? Eyes are purple...


Well, whatever. Let me tell you - it's a LOT of loads of laundry. I nearly feel justified in my saying it. If any of you could please use this in conversations with your family it would make me feel much more justified in my insane rant. Remember, "...laundry until my eyes are purple". Thanks.

12 comments:

Sherrie said...

Laundry...the neverending chore, the abyss that swallows up mothers' time everywhere all over the world. Yet, without clean laundry...what would we do? :) I'm so with you! "Laundry until I'm PURPLE!!!"

Well said.

shel said...

Hahahahahaha!! I'm doing laundry RIGHT NOW (surprise, surprise...right?!) and so I vow to use your newly coined phrase. And I totally get it! This post, I mean. I always do that. I always say something that just comes out when I'm frustrated and can't get anything really good to express it. You're the best.

klunker said...

Wish I was there to help with your laundry: I could have purple eyes too! I will have purple eyes too...the drum on our dryer no longer spins, so next Tues when I wash my own mountain, it'll all be on the lines outside.

Amberly said...

I like the saying. I think in my case it is "laundry until my eyes are pink" because of all the pink clothing at my house. But then if my eyes were pink I would need some sort of drops or something right?

Amy Hunter said...

Oh, Heather, I love you. It must be so fun to be one of your kids. If it's half as fun as reading your blog, than those are some lucky lucky, clean-clothed children.

Tina said...

My phrase of choice is 'are you freakin kidding me?!' which has actually led to the conversation of the ACTUAL 'f' word...which is a whole nother comment section...but I will certainly use the purple next time one of them tells me they have no underwear...

Amber said...

Hahahah! Love it! You always know how to say just what we are all thinking!

Love you!

Wammack Family said...

I hate laundry! It seems to grow exponentially by the hour. I swear if those girls don't wear ten things a day it hasn't been a complete day for them.

As of right now, I actually finished all of mine and James' laundry on Monday, and do you know where it is, all over the laundry room. I just couldn't bring myself to put it away...oh well, at least that's where it will end up again.

Your blogs always make me laugh! I love to read the musings of Heather.

Taneil said...

Three words for you!!! I hear you.... what happened to the olden days when everyone had only two shirts? One in the wash and wearing one....I'm sure over time you got used to the smell...EWWWWW!

JulieJ said...

At least you didn't tell him to go wear some of his sisters purple clothes...

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

How about "Bryant!!! I've tried putting you to sleep until my eyes are purple. Now go to sleep!" Can you tell that my baby is refusing to take a nap today?

Angela said...

I guess my eyes are "Wanna-Be-Purple" since I have tons of laundry to do, and only limited funds on our laundromat charge card. Sorry fam...I just can't do the laundry right now! I can't wait to have a W/D in our own home again!